New Minelab Manticore

Sheppo

From the comments:

So can you tell when it's a pull tab from the screen?

FastLikeTurtle, I couldn't see the screen from my side, but Phil mentioned that it did show up in the section of the screen for the reject targets. They were also showing how you could notch that signal out so you wouldn't even pick them up on the machine. Phil rejected that, as do I, as I've gotten a few rings on pull tab signals! Thanks for watching.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/6/2022 at 12:08 AM, phrunt said:

The NZ dealer told me they are aiming for before Christmas.  Makes sense, why miss the Christmas present rush?  After Christmas is a very bad time to release a product, many people are broke from all their Christmas spending or just less likely to buy a new toy as they've got a heap of other new toys at Christmas 🙂

So you forgot that they said the same thing for Equinox?  They barely made it by January... 🤣

Not biting on this one to line up in the queue.  Will be glad to consider it AFTER all the hoopla dies down and avoid the inevitable delay frustration.  

Regarding the Nox $100 discount - oh great, it's priced back to what they were two years ago.  The way I read this is they know it's going to be delayed so they need to juice the fencesitters who might be thinking Mandymoore is right around the corner...into buying a waterlogged Nox today.

Sorry, just really jaded on all ML's shenanigans.  They really take us for rubes, this 50 percent more power thing really left a bad taste in my mouth.  They are SO non-transparent on what is really going on.  And we lap up the Kool Ade like dogs in the desert.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

So you forgot that they said the same thing for Equinox?  They barely made it by January... 🤣

Not biting on this one to line up in the queue.  Will be glad to consider it AFTER all the hoopla dies down and avoid the inevitable delay frustration.  

Regarding the Nox $100 discount - oh great, it's priced back to what they were two years ago.  The way I read this is they know it's going to be delayed so they need to juice the fencesitters who might be thinking Mandymoore is right around the corner...into buying a waterlogged Nox today.

Sorry, just really jaded on all ML's shenanigans.  They really take us for rubes, this 50 percent more power thing really left a bad taste in my mouth.  They are SO non-transparent on what is really going on.  And we lap up the Kool Ade like dogs in the desert.

OUCH>>>

32 minutes ago, midalake said:

OUCH>>>

I know.  I'm pretty salty, haven't been detecting for awhile because work has been a bear.  I also know the Beast will be one heckuva detector that should address most if not all of Equinox's flaws (the silence and blame shifting on the Nox leak issues was probably good for the share holders - but you don't see the same behavior from Nokta - taking ownership of the faulty Legend speaker is a great example).

So in fixing the Nox flaws and some nice added bells and whistles you get to spend $700 more than Nox for the privilege. 🤔

Make no mistake, the Beast will likely find a home in my arsenal at some point (and the Nox may be retired), I'm just going to skip the early adopter lines and instead go detecting.  When Northern Hemisphere Summer rolls around, we'll see what the Beast is made of.

Simon, here's to hoping you get that Christmas present in time.  But don't be surprised if ML just misses the opportunity.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

I know.  I'm pretty salty, haven't been detecting for awhile because work has been a bear.  I also know the Beast will be one heckuva detector that should address most if not all of Equinox's flaws (the silence and blame shifting on the Nox leak issues was probably good for the share holders - but you don't see the same behavior from Nokta - taking ownership of the faulty Legend speaker is a great example).

Simon, here's to hoping you get that Christmas present in time.  But don't be surprised if ML just misses the opportunity.

I probably won't get it in time, I'm used to being disappointed by Minelab 🙂

If you think the Nox issues and their ignorance was bad think of us poor suckers that paid 9 grand NZD for our GPX 6000 that has way more problems than the Nox.  I've found my Nox fantastic, couldn't be happier with it, not so much the 6000.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, phrunt said:

I probably won't get it in time, I'm used to being disappointed by Minelab 🙂

If you think the Nox issues and their ignorance was bad think of us poor suckers that paid 9 grand NZD for our GPX 6000 that has way more problems than the Nox.  I've found my Nox fantastic, couldn't be happier with it, not so much the 6000.

I know.  Hey,  I'm glad you are going to hopefully be one of the first and hope I'm wrong on the time table because you know what both the CTX and Nox bring to the table in terms of accurate silver ID at max depth on ACTUAL naturally buried targets (not freshly buried Test targets) in neutral soil.  So, you will be in great position to ascertain whether M-core is more CTX-like (fingers crossed) or Nox-like (meh), in that regard.

If Magnetic Island Erik gets one, we'll see how M-core performs and stands up relative to Nox and D2 in submerged salt water environs, too.  So hoping he litterally makes the plunge early, as well, since that will be telling.

• Like 3

Yes, I hope it's more CTX like, I loved the Nox for silver until I invested in a CTX and haven't looked back. 

On a side note Minelab's marketing is beyond a joke, really, it's sickening.

marketing.thumb.jpg.3cb37e6085f23e9ba1c676700b372cb9.jpg

This is off their Manicure marketing page on their website, the girl looks more like she's heading off to go and get a manicure than using a manicure.   I'm not too sure high heels are good detecting shoes, and is she really going to be digging in the grassland like that with the garden scoop they include that shes got tucked into her pants?  She's clearly yet to find a target, she doesn't have dirty knees.   Come on Minelab, where do you find your marketing people...... what is your target market? Think about it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Dunno Simon, they got me zooming in to...um...get a closer look at that detector.  So mission accomplished, I guess...

Anyway - more promo photo mocking to tickle your cynical funnybone...

Let's just let M-core blast way into my ear as I jaunt through the spooky myst forest...which apparently rings up at a 52.  I'll have to write that down on my target ID chart:  Forest....TID 52.  Can't be trusted though as that is an air test TID.  Look at the depth though, we'll beyond 50cm...

image.thumb.png.78adcbb4c7573ef7bde2649185b4198f.png

Ah...the Lord of the Ring.  "Lookey everybody at what I found...!"  Let me step well away from my shovel and detector so I can gaze at the majestic beauty of my treasure... :rolleyes:

image.thumb.png.eaf02b8013cabb42cd56d2edc9af8c7c.png

This one's even more ridiculous...no scoop needed I guess.  Beast just levitates targets right into your rain jacket.  No need to get your left hand dirty, wet, and cold.  Guess he left his shovel and backpack down at the other end of the beach once he figured out how useless they were going to be.   SMH

image.thumb.png.0d1ad47f0b4635841fbf4e5ed6f88f8c.png

Looks like a cool place to detect though...😎 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

7 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

This one's even more ridiculous...no scoop needed I guess.  Beast just levitates targets right into your rain jacket.  No need to get your left hand dirty, wet, and cold.  Guess he left his shovel and backpack down at the other end of the beach once he figured out how useless they were going to be. 

I just do not get my advice from a beach hunter that does not own a scoop! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1