New Minelab Manticore

Sheppo

The Minelab  Manticore will be a waterproof detector of a higher class than the Equinox 800, I see Etrac*/CTX functions in a new form... focused on performance..

class A....

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, ShintoSunrise said:

his absence here makes me skeptical that this is a high end machine capable of replacing that product line. I'm getting less "Equinox 1000" vibes and more "Vanguish plus"

Or he could just be subject to an NDA.

• Like 2

I seem to remember reading that Steve H was no longer working for overseas detector companies. I also seem to remember him mentioning a long time ago that the Equinox was intended as a mid-line ML detector to test the viability of their new Multi-IQ SMF technology at that time, and that a flagship model was in the works. Or maybe I just dreamed that.

Could the Manicore be the result of advancements in their Multi-IQ R&D and creating the new Multi-IQ+?

So much speculating and so little time... I've already seen a Manticore listing ("out of stock") on an online detector dealer's site.

7 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

I seem to remember reading that Steve H was no longer working for overseas detector companies. I also seem to remember him mentioning a long time ago that the Equinox was intended as a mid-line ML detector to test the viability of their new Multi-IQ SMF technology at that time, and that a flagship model was in the works. Or maybe I just dreamed that.

Could the Manicore be the result of advancements in their Multi-IQ R&D and creating the new Multi-IQ+?

So much speculating and so little time... I've already seen a Manticore listing ("out of stock") on an online detector dealer's site.

If I read on a site something that said "out of stock" , on an item that was never available for stock in the 1st place , not a yet released , I would not trust that site.

• Like 1

Apologies to Minelab for using an old New England technique to illustrate skepticism by misnaming something or someone. I didn't correct the "typo" because the image you post is exactly the image I had in my head. 😀

This is the 5th major release I've seen over two years of detecting. I'm probably the Meerkat on the left. 🤣

• Haha 2

If it's stock coil is 15" I'd be happy, I want a deeper detector, the deeper the better for me! If they've made this beast have CTX silver ID and depth I guess I waited way too long to buy a CTX as now I'll want to replace it already 😛

I hope they've left gold modes on it and not saving that for the Gold Monster 2000.  That would cause me some misery.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ShintoSunrise said:

Has @Steve Herschbach commented on this development yet? I seem to remember him being intimately involved with testing of Equinox, and his absence here makes me skeptical that this is a high end machine capable of replacing that product line. I'm getting less "Equinox 1000" vibes and more "Vanguish plus"

Looks like a nice detector that will fit neatly into the hole left in the Minelab product line, by the now departed $1549 E-TRAC. If it hits that price point, it will be an apples to apples competitor for the $1599 DEUS II. I took the D2 for a spin, but with 90% or more of my detecting hours being behind a PI, I decided to just be happy with Equinox, and to do my best to ignore any new VLF tech that comes along. Which is what I am doing with Manticore.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

and to do my best to ignore any new VLF tech that comes along. Which is what I am doing with Manticore.

The question is will you resist 🙂 You were not going to take the Deus 2 for a spin and you couldn't resist!!  I resisted and quite proud of myself for that.  I've resisted every new VLF lately but I'm going to struggle to resist this one and I really love multi-IQ detectors, it's almost like cheating using one here in my soils with their ID stability.

• Like 1