New Minelab Manticore

Sheppo

yea, that confirms it has aptX LL support, but they're not using the Bluetooth logo for the supplied headphones connection, making me think it's WiStream.

wistream.thumb.jpg.899497f10d838da9b4b14aa8d59e5eab.jpg

detecteur-minelab-manticore.gif.05238e8531b779204c65ccb2216c41ab.gif

wistream.thumb.jpg.b8556aad0fb77e47347985e1c78022bd.jpg

I'm a total dummy at this stuff.  So The 6000 is bluetooth only and uses the ML 100 phone's.  ML100 will work with the manacore.   ML80 are bluetooth but not compatible.   Thought BT was BT, but not when it comes to M/L i guess

17 hours ago, CoinShooter1 said:

I really dont care what they call it !

Manticore is fine with me.

And as long as its truely waterproof, seperates just as well, and detects a few centimeters deeper than the Equinox, you can count me in! 

I don't care what they call it either, and while I personally wouldn't have called it the Manticore, I find all the name bashing silly. 

When you're riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to get off |  Disruptive agile Service Management

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

I agree with you on the rest of your prerequisites except for the count me in part. That will have to wait in my case until some really unbiased users who aren't fan people, hunt with it for 100+ hours and make some coherent reports. Those users also need to be very familiar and unbiased towards Deus 2 and the Equinox.

Geesh that sounds like a job, what's the going salary rate? 🙄

12 minutes ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Geesh that sounds like a job, what's the going salary rate? 🙄

I jumped right into the fire by getting a Legend and Deus 2 fairly early. I got called all sorts of things for reporting what I experienced (not so much on this forum). You couldn’t pay me enough to be the brunt of that kind of crap again. 

I also got burned with iffy performance from one of those detectors compared to all of the other glowing reports and the same happened with a different Minelab detector that now basically has a recall. I can wait……

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

I jumped right into the fire by getting a Legend and Deus 2 fairly early. I got called all sorts of things for reporting what I experienced (not so much on this forum). You couldn’t pay me enough to be the brunt of that kind of crap again. 

I also got burned with iffy performance from one of those detectors compared to all of the other glowing reports and the same happened with a different Minelab detector that now basically has a recall. I can wait……

I hear you, been there, done that, but at the end of the day the only way to really know is to take the Pepsi challenge yourself. 

I skipped the entire D2 debacle, my personal testing will be Manticore versus the EQX800 and the Legend. 

In the past I've watched tons of test videos, and very few have represented the environs that we hunt.  If a detector's a turd, that tends to come out quickly (ACE Apex from Garrett comes to mind), but when it's a high performing detector with lots of bells and whistles, instead of the proofs in the pudding, it can be more of an exercise of the minutia.  It's up to us to decide if that minutia is worth the $ or not. 

• Like 1

I wish Minelab would simply put out a video showing all the Manticore's features. The reveal videos at Detectival left a lot to desired when it comes to seeing how everything ties together with this detector.  A couple of videos I've seen from the U.S. are really no better in my opinion. All of them have been basically hard to watch. I know this thing is not completely done yet, but I sure would like to see a well produced video without a bunch of yahoos geeking out and talking over the engineer or person demonstrating the detector. I have nothing against them getting out there and showing it, but how about at least a meat and potatoes info video with deeper dives taking place after release.

• Like 2

Looks like a lot of fiddling with the screen and settings when you could spend more time hunting. What more will you find over what you’ll find with your Equinox?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rled2005 said:

Looks like a lot of fiddling with the screen and settings when you could spend more time hunting. What more will you find over what you’ll find with your Equinox?

Well for one thing if the 2-d screen works as advertised falsing iron targets should become obvious without circling targets. 

• Like 4