A Completely Off-topic Topic

2 minutes ago, flakmagnet said:

Well Swegin, you may be the only person who saw that film. I did write a story about it.
It was one whacky show. (thanks)

Raquel Welch.....  LOL  I spend some time looking for the strange movies.  The Blob, Them (which is very similar to Empire) and many others.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Swegin said:

Raquel Welch.....

ah…Joan Collins actually, but no matter...

• Like 1

Flak gave me a lot of encouragement on my writing earlier this year. He is genuinely a good soul. Many, many, many thanks. 

• Like 3

David I’m thrilled your book has finally been realised, I wish you every success but more importantly thanks for sharing with us your very interesting career. This forum has some truly diverse and fascinating people as its members. 😊 

JP

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, nvchris said:

You can deliver my autographed 1st edition to "the patch" 🙂

Hi Chris and everyone,

Firstly, yes Chris, I may bury it though, with a nickel tucked in the pages, so you have to find it.

IMPORTANT NOTE: There was a mis-que in the initial printing. So two things;

ONE, if you got a copy of either hardbound or soft cover and they have black and white photos all the way through, you got a mistakenly printed copy. Two thirds of the photographs are in color . Let me know and I will replace it.

TWO, if you have not bought a copy and wish to maybe buy one, please wait a bit until I get the right copies available. It won't be too long but after all this time I want make sure it's what I was trying to do.

The change is in process now and I will jump back into this thread when it's corrected. Thanks for understanding. Didn't come all this way to have it done wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

NEW UPDATE (9/28): The websites below are now carrying the color version of the book.

BearManor Media direct link to paperback: (there is a hardbound copy available and a $7.00 ebook as well.) https://bearmanor-digital.myshopify.com/products/best-seat-in-the-house-an-assistant-director-behind-the-scenes-of-feature-films-paperback

*Amazon direct linkhttps://www.amazon.com/s?k=david+mcgiffert+book&crid=3TM0O42V5MNY9&sprefix=david+mcgiffert+book%2Caps%2C185&ref=nb_sb_ss_deep-retrain-10-ops-acceptance_1_20

*If anyone buys a copy from Amazon and you enjoy the book, would you pease consider writing a review? 
I am learning that books rise and fall depending on Amazon reviews. 

Barnes and Noble and Apple Books: still only has the black and white copy available.

Thank you for looking - Back to your regularly scheduled gold topics.

Hey David, I preordered one back in August, they never shipped it out though?

Hi Jason,
supposedly the shipping bump has been alleviated. Please let me know in a PM (or in this thread so everyone sees), in a couple of days if it is not delivered and I will send you one myself. Some things one just can't control and this has turned out to be one of them but it is getting cleared up and everyone will get their copy. Publishing is an opaque business - it's been a weird experience, but it's getting straightened out.

• Like 2