Xlt Lcd Replacement

arizonan

Hello. I am in search of a couple of XLT LCD displays to replace the ones in my 10 yr old detectors. The appear to work fine but the displays are crap. The backlight appears strong, so it must be one or both of the segment drivers. Currently looking for a good replacement. 

You can PM me, if you want.

These parts are very hard to track down…..there was an ex Whites dealer here in Australia who had one or two but I think they have gone.

On 8/27/2022 at 12:24 PM, arizonan said:

Hello. I am in search of a couple of XLT LCD displays to replace the ones in my 10 yr old detectors. The appear to work fine but the displays are crap. The backlight appears strong, so it must be one or both of the segment drivers. Currently looking for a good replacement. 

You can PM me, if you want.

http://www.centrevilleelectronics.net/                           https://www.centrevilleelectronicsnw.com/

I would start with Todd at Centerville-NW. As I recall White's ran out of the exact displays several years ago so if Todd doesn't have them poke around DigiKey, Mouser, or eBay. There are several compatible displays that more-or-less should be an exact fit. They run $10-15 each.

• Like 3

Thanks.

Tried mouser. They only have a LED backlit one available (not an exact fit, too tall). I know because I bought it ($50 wasted), unles you are buying 1000s of unit to buy another variation. Now I am trying other vendors.

Centerville has the item "out of stock" in their page.

I will try once or twice again, then give up. My last try will be to adapt a cheap generic one with an arduino interface.

Wish me luck!

33 minutes ago, arizonan said:

Thanks.

Tried mouser. They only have a LED backlit one available (not an exact fit, too tall). I know because I bought it ($50 wasted), unles you are buying 1000s of unit to buy another variation. Now I am trying other vendors.

I will try once or twice again, then give up. My last try will be to adapt a cheap generic one with an arduino interface.

Wish me luck!

Good Luck and All The Best. May be you post here again if you got a spare part working. 🤞

• Like 1

18 hours ago, arizonan said:

Thanks.

Wish me luck!

Hey Arizonan. p.m. sent. Hope it will help.

• Like 1