Rye Patch, Cross Checking A Few Undug Targets

Condor

Thanks for being so detailed. I am finding wire screen bits and boot tacks with my 6k and 10x5 pretty deep- about 6”. Same with the 14”DD.   It would be interesting to compare with a Zed with one of those concentrics. The soils were mild where I’ve used it so far, so that could have made it work like that.

Nice report! Thanks for taking the time to try different machines and coils over the targets.

• Like 1

Nice Finds, gonna start my slow roll south from the Great State of AK. in a few days need temps to drop a bit.... 🥵

• Like 1

It's good to see you pulling up some nuggets at Rye patch, that place intrigues me, some people find nuggets there others say its damn near impossible.  4 nuggets for 1.5 grams is very respectable for a short hunt like that with a lot of messing around testing and comparing different detectors and coils so you obviously did very well.

That 17" CC is probably the most popular X-coil in Australia by the looks of it, either the 17 or the 22" so on your Australia trip if you're heading to those wide open spaces of WA you'll likely do well with it there, your 17x12" spiral would be best suited to finding a spot with nuggets then the 17" CC to clean the area up, at least that's how I'd use them. 

I personally prefer the 15" CC for my needs, it's more sensitive to small gold than the 17" CC  and the 15" is also noticeably deeper on the small bits and I'm pretty sure it's lighter than the standard coil but I don't really notice small weight differences in the few hundreds of a gram range.  The Aussies on the other hand with the possibility of bigger bits deeper seem to favour larger sizes like that 17" and the 22" CC and rarely go for the smaller sizes.

• 1 month later...

Ok not asking for your "Special Spot" but can anyone direct me to a smaller general area, never been and do not want to wonder the desert LOL, Help a new guy out PLEASE.

Appreciate your help.

This was a great detailed post, thank you Condor.

Jim

17 minutes ago, sleepyjim said:

Ok not asking for your "Special Spot" but can anyone direct me to a smaller general area, never been and do not want to wonder the desert LOL, Help a new guy out PLEASE.

Appreciate your help.

This was a great detailed post, thank you Condor.

Jim

Book a training with Gerry and you can get your foot in the door at least that will get you started. 

strick 

• Like 1