Minelab Manticore Handle & Case

56 minutes ago, Rob in (ca) said:

TID of 71 ?

Pretty sure the (low quality sound) video had something about 99 full scale.

• Like 1

Looks like a mark 2 Equinox.

I'm waiting this one out till all the fuss is over. And the dealer discounts come along . 

Looks better than the Nox but i have machines that work better than the Nox so i'll wait and see . 

Anyway when power bills in the UK are going from an average £700 last year to around £7000 early next year i think money might get very tight for many.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Oh my! 1

I wonder if Minelab moved the battery from the handle up into the pod, like the N/M Legend? That and improved waterproofing might account for the increased thickness.

Why is it that ML has designed two of their latest releases to have the speaker facing well away from your head? 6000 with the speaker on the back of the control box and this one with the speaker facing the coil???

When I first seen it I was wondering if they had went to an explorer style battery set up moving it to th back of the shaft.   I never us my external speaker so I always put a large vynal sticker over it.  Salt water and sand does crazy things to equipment.  Huge improvement in that shaft.  Thou I’m not sure about the coil connector ears being attached to the lower shaft yet.

• Like 1

Thanks for pointing it out with the photos... someone was calling at the same handle as the Nox earlier on but I knew it looked different...I’ll bet it’s more comfortable to hold. 

Strick

10 hours ago, Sheppo said:

Why is it that ML has designed two of their latest releases to have the speaker facing well away from your head? 6000 with the speaker on the back of the control box and this one with the speaker facing the coil???

The Manticore is waterproof, everything in pod. There are few other options for speaker placement. It’s just like my Equinox in that regard, and I can hear it fine. As I can the 6000 also. I guess if it’s not sufficient for you, there are the headphone and even other external speaker options.

The handle or grip is shaped like the 1980's Whites hip mount kit handles. More of an oval shape. I slaughtered the silver back then. I wonder if the grip shape had anything to do with it. If so, the Manticore should do great hauling in the silver. 🙂

• Haha 1