Are Legend, Deus II & Manticore, Going To Impact Tarsacci?

The VLF arms race has fully pivoted to simultaneous multi frequency… It’s looking like a “have SMF technology or go home” situation for most manufacturers.

• Like 4

I agree with Chuck.  I love the Tarsacci, but there is no marketing support from the company.  Myself, Aaron, Cliff and to a lesser degree Dew have all run out of steam trying to support the Tarsacci.  Dimitar builds a great machine, but the Tarsacci is dying in silence due to lack of marketing support.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

He who sits on his hand and does nothing accomplish nothing .

Chuck 

Didn’t the inventor work for Fisher at some point and develop and manufacture this thing on his own?  I wouldn’t say he has done nothing, probably more than most of us have. 

Was it risky? Probably.

Also doubt his price point, volume, and manufacturing ability warrant tons spent on marketing. Kind of a niche detector no? Maybe it needed more creative marketing.  

Anyway, answering the question with blanket self quotes, what does that accomplish?

• Like 2

Had 2 of them and although they are a good machine, the audio was never something I could get used to. I found it much more enjoyable to use the Equinox. The slight edge in depth over the Equinox was not worth it to me. Easier to just skip to a PI if I needed depth. I just don't see the Tarsacci surviving in the face of all the competition unless Dimitar makes some changes to the platform.

• Like 4

Here is what I know about this detector. Or shall I say what I don't know because I wasn't actually there. About 4 years ago here in So.Cal either a representative or the owner ( I could find out) met with 3 of my detecting friends on a local beach. One in particular had been seriously interested in buying one for awile. This beach has a ton of trash and is what I would call medium blacksand. Well , this guy couldn't for the life of him get it to work properly at all. After 20 minutes of everyone tinkering with it to get it to work , they gave up. My friends grabbed their machines and hunted. This poor guy apologized an hour later and everyone left. My friend said after that he would never buy one and that was enough for me...

The machine has done very well for me where I can take it.   The biggest advange for me being water proof, and very dependable.   No drips no leaks no send backs.    I truly believe take all the machines mentioned above (including Tarsacci) on most any beach.    The biggest difference in overall finds will because of       1.   the hunter     2. luck         As in all good hunting   it's the site, the hunter , than the machine  that counts.      Gold and Silver started drying up a while back, now  finding  coins on most beaches is getting horrible.    Ain't no machine gonna fix that.    

It's true though lack of marketing is a mystery.

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Are Legend, Deus II & Manticore, Going To Impact Tarsacci?