Are Legend, Deus II & Manticore, Going To Impact Tarsacci?

My Tarsacci has gone to my metal detector graveyard along with 17 other machines since my AQ and Deus ll provide all the help I need. I had a power on issue with the Tarsacci after owning about a year and a half, so I sent it to Dimitar. Well, the USPS all but crushed it so Dimitar replaced the screen and key pad for free !!! Who does that ? I also had placed a thin piece of plastic over the speaker grill as I had “Equinox fears” lol. Dimitar took it upon himself to remove the speaker and seal up that area. I’m not sure if that will help the resale or not. Anyway, the tones for me are terrible. Very faint and hard to hear for a deaf old man. It is deep though, very deep. It once was my go to beach machine and did put lots of gold in my pouch, but the tones are just terrible. Arron had a special made tone Tarsacci that was the bomb, so I asked Dimitar could he do that to my machine? No was his reply so it and all my other past machines sleep in one of my spare rooms. I never could get the hang of that trade up concept haha. Good luck everybody.

• Like 5

• The title was changed to Are Legend, Deus II & Manticore, Going To Impact Tarsacci?

3 hours ago, Carolina said:

... It once was my go to beach machine and did put lots of gold in my pouch, but the tones are just terrible. Arron had a special made tone Tarsacci that was the bomb, so I asked Dimitar could he do that to my machine? No was his reply so it and all my other past machines sleep in one of my spare rooms. I never could get the hang of that trade up concept haha. Good luck everybody.

The Tarsacci has been a machine of interest,I lurk on the various Tarsacci forums and the audio is the #1 complaint I've seen on the Tarsacci. 

If Dimitar would just offer the alternate audio option I suspect the Tarsacci would be far more popular.  IIRC it's just an EEPROM or something similar re-flashed with an alternate image from Dimirar.

I would gladly pay 2 way shipping to Dimitar to have an update made & pay for the update too!

I will mention again that high ohm/quality headphones clean up the existing tones immensely but it still takes a good amount of time to learn it's language/accent.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Cal_Cobra said:

IIRC it's just an EEPROM or something similar re-flashed with an alternate image from Dimirar.

I have no idea what you just said, but it sure sounds like a good idea. Count me in.

20 minutes ago, JCR said:

I would gladly pay 2 way shipping to Dimitar to have an update made & pay for the update too!

You are far from the first to make Dimitar that offer. So far as I know he has only made one of those, and was not pleased when Aaron put it on the internet. But if he agrees to make more, I am definitely in favor of you paying.

On 8/28/2022 at 10:37 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

Dimitar is an engineer, and does not like interacting on social media. More fun to just work on his circuits and stuff. But if you are going to make a detector to sell.... you actually have to sell it!

Perhaps akin to a Steve Wozniak needing a Steve Jobs?

The audio is why I also parted with my MDT.  The disc mode audio in particular: the audio is too clipped or short and I describe it as more of a *ping* instead of a beep.  It's what you hear on other machines as a simple high chirp false.  It may be that I also have hearing loss, so that's just how I hear it coming through.  In Mix mode, the audio was better for my ears because I could hear the slight ramp up in audio AND then the ping.  If he could fix the audio and keep everything else the same, it would no doubt still be in my arsenal.  It was one of the better machines for depth in bad mineral soil.  But...in sites with a lot of trash or iron, hearing everything in Mix mode was way too much bombardment on my ears.  

• Like 2