Gpx6000 Users, What Aftermarket Wireless Headphones Etc Do You Use?

Hey Aureous,

Like you I have been looking for noise canceling headphones to suit the 6000..

I have a set of Sony which were FANTASTIC on the Zed but not suitable with the 6000 because of the delay.. Not so much in detecting the target in the ground going low and slow, but in recovering from the scoop, throwing out the contents of the scoop before the signal comes through and having to start over again….

Still looking, so watching this post with interest.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Qlden said:

Like you I have been looking for noise canceling headphones to suit the 6000..

So far, all options appear to be over the AU$200 mark....check out Phrunt's link in the above post....

Just got back from O S and have a problem with the supplied ML headphones for my 6000. The Bluetooth refuses to pair. 

Up until now I was quite happy with the set up being clear and with plenty of volume, but It is either send the phones back to ML (maybe the detector TX is at fault), use my Quest Wireless Mate system with Aldi Bauhn noise cancelling headphones, or Bose NC ear buds. The options are workable, but not quite as loud.

The one negative with the factory phones is that they are susceptible to wind noise.

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Reg Wilson said:

Just got back from O S and have a problem with the supplied ML headphones for my 6000. The Bluetooth refuses to pair.

JW had this problem with his while we were out detecting, they just refused to pair no matter what.  The way I resolved it for him was factory resetting the headphones by holding down the multi function button on them for more than 10 seconds.

1166215017_Factoryreset.thumb.jpg.cf7e67b386abeabf665158827a0342c3.jpg

The multi function button is marked 2 on that diagram.

They will then be ready to pair, so hold the headphones right up at the detector control pod (important) and while holding there press the Bluetooth button on the 6000 control pod for at least 3 seconds to start to pairing process.

Probably wouldn't hurt to factory reset your 6000 as part of the process especially if the above doesn't work.

If this doesn't work, you'd have to try other Bluetooth headphones to see if its the detector or the headphones that are screwed but it likely will work, it resolved JW's problem when nothing else would.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, phrunt said:

JW had this problem with his while we were out detecting, they just refused to pair no matter what.  The way I resolved it for him was factory resetting the headphones by holding down the multi function button on them for more than 10 seconds.

I had to do this as well only 3 days ago...nuthin else would work. Running again like a dream now :-) 

• Like 2

I use these by Creative:

https://au.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/aurvana-trio-wireless

aptx -LL so they are just as responsive as the standard Minelab headphones, huge battery life, super easy and quick to pair to the 6000 and have memory foam ear buds as well as the uncomfortable rubber type. On special at the moment too for $99.95.

Getting hot here in WA soon so needed something that allows me to wear a wide brim hat and fly net.
These work great for me.

1D9EE9E7-E3F1-496D-98C8-A9A54DEFDB2C.jpeg
By the way, my buddy and I run the 6000 flat out (auto 2) with threshold on no matter where we are.
Runs awesome, even here in the Cue, WA area.
Just turn your headphones up flat out as well (about 13 clicks on the + button after turn on) and keep the detector volume at 3 or at a pinch 4 if it’s windy. We also have the above Creative earbuds flat out.
The targets are easily heard. Sometimes gets a little noisy on really hot ground but a noise cancel and ground balance brings it back. Target sound jumps out at you.
We also factory reset every turn on including smoko and lunch breaks.
Last year we were using lower sensitivity. This year, running flat out, we went back to patches we detected with the 6000 on lower sensitivity last year and found nuggets we couldn’t previously hear.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gone Bush said:

Awesome, thanks mate! Always great to hear ACTUAL end-user feedback on products. I'll be looking out for a pair of these to try myself at price!

• Thanks 1

Don’t know of a retail outlet that would have them. I ordered mine online.

You should also use the memory foam buds, not the rubber ones.
They cut out some of the external noise.
Use a size one bigger than you might find initially comfortable because they take a few minutes to form into your ear shape.
We both made the mistake of using a too small bud in the beginning.

We originally bought beyerdynamic in the same format but they were not LL and the sound was more than half a swing behind!
This post, the comments re low latency being phased out and the fact they are currently on special and $60.00 cheaper than what I paid has me ordering another set!
Couldn’t be without them now so will alternate each set each day so battery doesn’t go stale.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 8/29/2022 at 3:01 PM, Aureous said:

Whats the speed like Nenad? True LL like the supplied ML headphones or a bit less???

Sorry, missed your question. Same as the stock headphones, i.e. you won't notice any delay unless you are swinging super fast. 

• Like 3

Might these be an option?

Currently on special at Amazon Au….

C5596226-A307-4EE6-9FE2-ED5786A224B7.png

• Like 1