Mi-6 Need Some Help

Mike K

I took my probe water hunting yesterday. I noticed it wasn't floating got out of the water which was about 6' deep. Took the cap off and a small amount of water came out. The cap was  secure not sure where it could have gotten in from any ideas?  Died it out and seems to work just fine.

Is there a way to turn off the light when it's turned off?

Also any suggestions on what to lubricate the seals with?

Anyone have this happen and were you able to resolve the water issue?

Thanks, Mike

I suspect the water intrusion is from either the threads on the cap (capillary action), or the crappy plastic disc they put in the cap. If the threads are not lubricated as below, they might draw water.

I use petroleum jelly on the threads.

Turn off the light when it's turned off? 🤔 Sounds like the water may have shorted something, or you're not being clear on what is happening there. 🙂

Yep, the Mi-6 will flash just like the coils when tuned OFF. Perfectly normal.

• Like 1

I think it's because XP is using LiPo batteries? You want them to drain a bit. Flashing low power LED would help

Thanks guys I took it apart and letting it dry out for a few days  then put it  back together. I did use some silicone  grease on the o-ring  and that big seal.. Put the cap back  on with the guts removed and it floats at least  in the sink. Gonna take the empty case with me next monday when we go diving again and see if it stays dry.

• Like 1

Hey everyone I made a short video showing what my MI-6 is doing. I know on the coils you get a very short flash. But on this probe the light is flashing seems to be very long. This just doesn't seem normal.. Any ideas?? There was audio  but I think when it got upoaded I lost the audio. But you can see what it's doing..

That looks kind of like what the Mi-6 LED does when it is being charged and charge is complete. Weird since it is not being charged.........   How to reset the Mi-6 might be my first step. That may also be the LED indication that the Mi-6 is ready to be paired (if it unpaired from your Deus 2). I no longer have an Mi-6, so maybe somebody else will chime in.

I don’t have my Deus anymore. So not sure what it would be paired to. It gives 3 short flashes when charging. Now it blinks and It stops flashing after about 4 days. Not sure if the battery is dead as it just flashes those long flashes instead of the little blimps the coils use to do.

Hey Jeff or anyone how do you reset the MI-6?

I also just read this in the manual. "Charge time ± 3 hours - During charging the LED will flash 3 times - End of charging the LED 4 sec ON, 4 sec OFF (cycle)"

So it looks like it might be stuck in that mode with the 4 sec on and off....???

• The title was changed to Mi-6 Need Some Help