Minelab Manticore Unofficial Specs And Features Thread

Would like to establish this as an unofficial Specs and Features Thread to supplement the below "official" features list with additional information gleaned from videos of the prototype units and verbal utterances from ML reps.  Please cite your source of information.

Prefer this not to be a thread for discussion, debate, or speculation.  Just the facts as we know them.

MANTICORE High Power Metal Detector

Our most powerful detector yet, Manticore finds targets faster, more clearly, and in even the most challenging environments. With impressive capabilities and technologies, nothing will go undetected. More effective than even the most high-end models in the market, Manticore brings power, precision and accuracy to detecting in a way that wasn’t previously possible.

MULTI IQ+:  Minelab’s revolutionary technology has 50% more power than traditional models and is the highest-powered simultaneous multi-frequency machine on the market.

FAST RESPONSE:  Identify your targets quickly and confidently to efficiently sort between trash and treasure with exceptional target separation performance.

POWERFUL 2D ID MAP:  Identify your targets with greater visual and audible target insights.

ENHANCED DISCRIMINATION: Exceptionally accurate target ID allows you to accept or reject finds quickly and confidently.

WIRELESS AUDIO: Clearly detect with audio controls set specifically for you in order to identify targets confidently, reduce noise and identify trash.

ULTIMATE SEARCH MODES: Over 10+ preset search modes allow you to set the stage for success, with the ability to customize up to 10 unique modes tailored to your specific needs.

UNRIVALLED CONSTRUCTION & WATERPROOF: Powerful yet lightweight, Manticore weighs only 1.3 kg (2.9 lbs.) and includes a three-piece, compact Carbon-Fibre shaft system. Waterproof up to 16 ft (5 m).

INTUITIVE CONTROL: The large LCD panel allows for easy viewing and clear navigation control.

BOOSTED EMI IMMUNITY: In challenging environments, improved EMI rejection uses higher sensitivity to isolate targets.

CHOICE OF COILS: Comes with the M11 (11" Round Double-D coil) and choose
from M8 (8"x5.5" Elliptical Double-D) and M15 (15"x12" Elliptical Double-D) coils.

LIGHTING & VIBRATION: Detect even when the sun goes down with features such as Control Box Flashlight, Display Backlight with Auto Adjust, Backlit Keypad and Handgrip Vibration.

CLEAR AUDIO: Built in external speaker allows for crystal-clear audio and comes with Low Latency Wireless Headphones.

BUILT TO LAST: A three-year warranty with software upgrade capability allows detection far into the future.

Link to Minelab Manticore Product Page:

https://www.minelab.com/usa/metal-detectors/manticore

Excerpts from the Quick Start Guide:

SmartSelect_20220901_071607_Gallery.thumb.jpg.501e46f17f9fb4ccec39fe1221bbafd9.jpg

375138902_SmartSelect_20220901_065316_AdobeAcrobat.thumb.jpg.b15b97262f785c5fba86fd86abc0c578.jpg

494470700_SmartSelect_20220904_080216_AdobeAcrobat.jpg.d0d69f830127382438509338805a172b.jpg

963585986_SmartSelect_20220904_080240_AdobeAcrobat.jpg.920fb04e6df4e6b6dae438cd71c749e0.jpg

Some feature Highlights:

• 4-way menu navigation
  • Location Keyed mode designations (e.g., All Terrain, Beach, Goldfield) with multiple variants of each mode.  5 for All Terrain, 4 for Beach, and 1 for Goldfield equals a total of ten Multi-IQ+ modes.
  • Standard Equinox Single Frequency Selections - 5, 10, 15, 20, and 40 khz (no 4 khz that was added to Equinox in a subsequent update), but unclear whether these choices are mode specific like on the Equinox, they appear to be independent of mode.
  • Confirmation of 2 Digit/2D Target ID, Target Trace, and what appears to be customizable 2D discrimination patterns.
  • "Ferrous Limits" feature which looks like a more sophisticated version of Equinox's "Iron Bias" but goes to 2D target trace disc (wraps around non-ferrous conductive range).
  • Multiple audio selections appear to be fully customizable across modes including normal, enhanced, and "continuous pitch" VCO-like audio (i.e., you are not locked-in to mode-specific audio types like difference between Goldfield and Non-Gold mode audio).
  • Noise Cancel is quick, hopefully it is also effective.  Also has a "Continuous Auto" noise cancel feature.
  • Battery has a minimum 9 hour run time and takes 7 hours to charge full from empty.

SmartSelect_20220904_100731_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0c4d67479ea29c4f35798b013991e0c3.jpg

SmartSelect_20220904_100442_Chrome.thumb.jpg.544fe14d49e073c138bca23b01b599f8.jpg

SmartSelect_20220904_100509_Chrome.thumb.jpg.82e5d2edd50a1d807fb3241fd43d4506.jpg

SmartSelect_20220904_100648_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e3a058dcf0c243ab0e8373a1dd974963.jpg

SmartSelect_20220904_100709_Chrome.thumb.jpg.00732859fbb15b8c7bc5ec4120f3af45.jpg

• Like 6

Since this is the Detector Prospector forum…..there is one Gold mode. The selectable single frequencies seem to be the same. The chief engineer did say more than once that Multi IQ+ uses higher frequencies than Multi IQ. 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, midalake said:

I have looked at several different Vids scrolling through modes. I see 4 different beach modes? Anyone else see this? 

Also, can you use wired headphones? 

I would say that if you can use wired headphones seeing this photo

Screenshot_2022-08-28-16-44-22-853_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From this video and Minelab's Product Page - several features come to light - some mentioned above:

• 4-way menu navigation
  • Location Keyed mode designations (e.g., All Terrain, Beach, Goldfield) with multiple variants of each mode.  5 for All Terrain, 4 for Beach, and 1 for Goldfield equals a total of ten Multi-IQ+ modes.
  • Standard Equinox Single Frequency Selections - 5, 10, 15, 20, and 40 khz (no 4 khz that was added to Equinox in a subsequent update), but unclear whether these choices are mode specific like on the Equinox, they appear to be independent of mode.
  • Confirmation of 2 Digit/2D Target ID, Target Trace, and what appears to be customizable 2D discrimination patterns.
  • "Ferrous Limits" feature which looks like a more sophisticated version of Equinox's "Iron Bias" but goes to 2D target trace disc (wraps around non-ferrous conductive range).
  • Multiple audio selections appear to be fully customizable across modes including normal, enhanced, and "continuous pitch" VCO-like audio (i.e., you are not locked-in to mode-specific audio types like difference between Goldfield and Non-Gold mode audio).
  • Noise Cancel is quick, hopefully it is also effective.  Also has a "Continuous Auto" noise cancel feature.
  • Like 1

This was just posted by Tom D.

Gary...... We've been working on the Manticore for nearly 3 years. A TON has gone into this one. And with different 'mindset'. I will share more data.....as time permits...... AND = when it will NOT infringe upon sales of other stuff.,.,.,.,., and/or C.O.I
Something I want to clarify.... that Mark Lawrie stated in the YouTube video: The ID system is on a scale of 99 points. So is the scale of iron ID range! -99 to 0. (Negative 99 to 0). (((Salt ID's as '0'))). This is to say: Nearly a 200-point ID span.
There were 2 VERY primary 'focus-of-intent' into this project.
There's a few more loose-ends to button up.

VERY Interesting>>> 99 points of Ferrous range, and 99 points of Nonferrous range.....

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, midalake said:

I have looked at several different Vids scrolling through modes. I see 4 different beach modes? Anyone else see this? 

A guy on Facebook said it uses the same headphone jack as the Equinox. At least I won't have to buy new waterproof phones.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/28/2022 at 7:32 AM, midalake said:

I would assume wired headphones would be a must for underwater detecting. Bluetooth dosent work we'll underwater (if at all), so a wired option would make sense. I'm hoping I can use the same waterproof headphones I use for the equinox 🤞

• Like 1