Minelab Manticore Unofficial Specs And Features Thread

7 minutes ago, Dan(NM) said:

This is from the Minelab USA website.                   https://www.minelab.com/usa/metal-detectors/manticore

Just looked over the specs. Going to be a nice machine and powerful. Look at that battery run time 9 hours with a 7 hour recharge time. That's not even a full day of run time in my book. I'll run 10-12 hours at some of my sites and if you forget to put the detector on the charger overnight you're done.

• Like 2
  • Oh my! 1

I've put in a question on the ML Manticore page 'ask' window about the audio output options (proprietary?  Bluetooth?  Headphone jack?) of the Manticore.  The canned response upon my submission was that I would get a reply in a few hours.  I'll post here what I find out.

Oops, well, I didn't see the 'specs' tab.  3.5 mm female jack is included, and it doesn't appear there will be proprietary super low latency capability (as with the WM08 on the Equinox).  But maybe they will indicate the latency for the "Wireless low latency headphones".  That was one of my questions.

On 8/29/2022 at 1:31 PM, GB_Amateur said:

They neither mention nor show negative dTID's.  Lowest TID shown was in high twenties (lead seal) and highest were low 50's (copper? coin), that I remember anyway.  Mark Lawrie (sp?), the Minelab engineer, said something about he'll be posting some common targets and their digital ID's soon.

I believe the large red bar under the TID indicates the 'negative' value...

3 hours ago, Unipin said:

We dig everything, this is not beach hunting 😉

We dig everything too (non-ferrouswise) at the beach. We generally don't find square nails at the beach, but, having better iron I.d. will help us avoid sketchy sounding junk iron that we really don't want to bother with.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, s.young said:

Yikes KCo claims at the top of this page that the new detector is "50% more powerful than the Equinox". 🙄 Pretty bold claim. (Sure has 100% more batteries) Bet that gets revised. Also of note are the names of the profiles, definitely skewed toward the D2.

11 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Yikes KCo claims at the top of this page that the new detector is "50% more powerful than the Equinox". 🙄 Pretty bold claim.

Not just LRL-Co, either.  From the Minelab page that Dan(NM) posted (see page 3 of the current thread):

Manticore_xzy.png.4467b7521d5f1d4a3f774312bcc1f304.png

• Like 1

Sounds like they may be referring to processing power not just voltage.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

I've put in a question on the ML Manticore....

The response was quick.  And I think it has more revelations (emphasis mine below):

Thank you so much for your email and interest in the new BEAST, Minelab Manticore.

As we currently do not have immediate details on the Minelab Manticore, it has been confirmed that the Audio will be a 3.5mm Headphone operation with Bluetooth Compatibilities.

The Audio functionality will be equivalent to the Equinox series with the APTX Low Latency Headphone technology. As for the Y-Stream Technology with the WM08, i am unable to confirm if this technology will be available in the new BEST, Manticore.

The BEAST will be provided with Minelab's ML100 Headphones (Same Bluetooth technology as the Equinox.) The Equinox series ML80 Headphones and Waterproof EQX headphones are compatible with the BEAST.

Please be sure to stay tuned into Minelab's social media accounts through out the next few weeks or so for more details to emerge!

--
Kind regards;
Maxwell

Minelab Customer Care

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

The Audio functionality will be equivalent to the Equinox series with the APTX Low Latency Headphone technology.

Well at least I won't have to buy new headphones 🙄 good to know. Thanks!

• Like 1