Minelab Manticore Unofficial Specs And Features Thread

Didn't Tom also say that they had worked on the Beast's ability to handle EMI more since he had it on an inland site where he was running it at 28?  I may be remembering wrong but I thought he said his most recent testing and input had been salt beach hunting and tackling that.  Which hints at further development of EMI handling to me.  I know they have said the machine in the videos is not the final product, that they are buttoning up some loose ends. I hope so because what I see and hear in the videos, is a very sparky/chatty machine. I'm not a fan of running them that hot when they chatter at everything, just holding it still.  

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Daniel Tn said:

Didn't Tom also say that they had worked on the Beast's ability to handle EMI more since he had it on an inland site where he was running it at 28?  I may be remembering wrong but I thought he said his most recent testing and input had been salt beach hunting and tackling that.  Which hints at further development of EMI handling to me.  I know they have said the machine in the videos is not the final product, that they are buttoning up some loose ends. I hope so because what I see and hear in the videos, is a very sparky/chatty machine. I'm not a fan of running them that hot when they chatter at everything, just holding it still.  

Ala GPX6000 in VLF tech.

Daniel,  you are remembering right. NASA Tom stated he had last run the Manticore on an Inland site 2 years ago. It has been all Beach since then.

EMI mitigation is suppose to be one of the big advancements the new machine brings. If you notice in the various videos, the detector may be somewhat sparky held stationary  but quiets right down when being swept over the ground, as it should.

With '2D Identification Map', x-axis seems to be related to the 'conductivity' (time constant) of the targets.  What's y-axis and why would it go both up and down from the middle?

On 9/2/2022 at 11:23 AM, Sumrtym said:

The further away from the middle horizontal line, the more ferrous the target.  Above the line is nails and large iron, below are things like bottle caps.

That convention doesn't quite hold for this video...from the screenshot, the large Wedge is clearly below the line.

image.png.02c6240f6ac9c26cf5f3f93b5f2ea2c8.png

39 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

That convention doesn't quite hold for this video...from the screenshot, the large Wedge is clearly below the line.

Why do I get a feeling that North America is not being courted as buyers? Can we get this machine in the U.S. somewhere?