Minelab Manticore Unofficial Specs And Features Thread

1 minute ago, midalake said:

Why do I get a feeling that North America is not being courted as buyers? Can we get this machine in the U.S. somewhere? 

It's because we are being so merciless on the name and the low US MAP is cutting into their profit margin.  And there is only one Lawrie to go around.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, midalake said:

Why do I get a feeling that North America is not being courted as buyers? Can we get this machine in the U.S. somewhere?

If the $1599 price holds up, I'll take that any day over a whistlestop tour courtship.  (And the poor Canadians who are also on our NA continent -- they appear to have been royally rejected on The Bachelorette.)

• Like 1

On 8/30/2022 at 8:50 AM, Unipin said:

I am an Archaeologist, and a 100$ detector is doing just fine for our work. Even cheaper...

Oh boy!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

The Mongrel's search mode settings look pretty straightforward.. 

Screenshot 2022-09-05 083053.jpg

• Like 6

That 2D Target Trace feature seems really nice. I really appreciated the E-Trac's Co:Fe feature and it seems like Manticore has something even better in that you can potentially approximate the targets shape, too. I'm primarily a coin shooter, so this is a feature I think could be a game changer for me. If I had the money, I'd definitely be pre-ordering this machine.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2022 at 5:34 PM, midalake said:

Perhaps because XP is eating their sales in Europe with the Deus2... Then Europe is the priority for ML at the moment ... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@phrunt , bet you'd like one of these shirts:

1695066401_Screenshotat2022-09-05135628.thumb.png.0d946cc0655287e5577c1c43af8db3f3.png

Still awaiting Lawrie's 'promise' of sample coin dTID listing.  There were a couple 19th Century Wilhelm copper(?) coins (pennies/cents?) that gave dTID of 76.  They appear to be about the diameter of our USA half cent and 2-cent copper coins (which are 23 mm), although not sure about the thicknesses comparison.

• Like 2