Minelab Manticore Unofficial Specs And Features Thread

On 8/28/2022 at 10:39 PM, midalake said:

This was just posted by Tom D.

Gary...... We've been working on the Manticore for nearly 3 years. A TON has gone into this one. And with different 'mindset'. I will share more data.....as time permits...... AND = when it will NOT infringe upon sales of other stuff.,.,.,.,., and/or C.O.I
Something I want to clarify.... that Mark Lawrie stated in the YouTube video: The ID system is on a scale of 99 points. So is the scale of iron ID range! -99 to 0. (Negative 99 to 0). (((Salt ID's as '0'))). This is to say: Nearly a 200-point ID span.
There were 2 VERY primary 'focus-of-intent' into this project.
There's a few more loose-ends to button up.

VERY Interesting>>> 99 points of Ferrous range, and 99 points of Nonferrous range.....

XLT style ...😁...always liked it.

cjc

• Like 1

On 9/15/2022 at 5:29 PM, Va Dave said:

"XLT style ...😁...always liked it."

You took the words right out of my mouth cjc  😉   Now if they could slap "Mixed Mode" on that bad boy, I might consider one.

Ya that mixed mode was remarklable on the small gold.  The 100+ and minus was amazing too --it had enough room to tell you what was what but was still stable.  Where it got a bit confusing though was with the whole normalization thing.   Also when you saw that 14-16 it was almost always small gold--never seen a detector with this level of conclusiveness before or since.

cjc

On 9/4/2022 at 8:42 PM, midalake said:

Is there a Calabash Mode.      WAIT?..................Did I just say that? 

...very little feedback...but a lot of random noise....

cjc

• Haha 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/30/2022 at 12:32 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

The whole phase id thing is pretty much just set by physics, though it can be moved around after the fact through processing. But this phase chart lays out the underlying physics. Keep in mind this are not discrete points, but overlapping ranges, as better illustrated by the second chart. The whole small non-ferrous/small ferrous, and salt range basically overlap. Where you set zero is a choice. Most companies chose a spot where most ferrous is below one point, and most non-ferrous above. They key is to remember it is a overlapping mess, not black and white. Nugget hunters generally will dig everything in that range, which is highlighted in red on the second graphic below.

The Manticore target id readings, by nature of the physics involved, will be close to classic White's detector target id results you see here.

From my article here about the salt/gold overlap:

metal-detector-phase-chart-moreland.jpg

Note that gold covers the full range of the chart, since target id is more about size, than what kind of metal you are detecting.

metal-detector-gold-saltwater-beach-chains.jpg

Ya, very important for new hunters to understand how to mediate this bottom "rust line" / foils range--something I've tried to addresss in my books.  Things like hairpins and stainless  rings are actually good teachers.  Also, seem to remember that the old DFX had some kind of ID Sensitivity control to mediate "splattter".   Just goes to show how far ahead of their time the XLT and DFX were.  LIkely the Mantacore wont need it owing to the more precise processing.  At the same time, this "splatter" represents a lot of valuable information--one of my best dense trash gold tricksl with the Anfibio.  It alerts you to alloys, steel, and  oversize targets that the machine is reading part of.   Thanks for your informative post as always, Steve. 

cjc

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 8/28/2022 at 10:39 PM, midalake said:

This was just posted by Tom D.

Gary...... We've been working on the Manticore for nearly 3 years. A TON has gone into this one. And with different 'mindset'. I will share more data.....as time permits...... AND = when it will NOT infringe upon sales of other stuff.,.,.,.,., and/or C.O.I
Something I want to clarify.... that Mark Lawrie stated in the YouTube video: The ID system is on a scale of 99 points. So is the scale of iron ID range! -99 to 0. (Negative 99 to 0). (((Salt ID's as '0'))). This is to say: Nearly a 200-point ID span.
There were 2 VERY primary 'focus-of-intent' into this project.
There's a few more loose-ends to button up.

VERY Interesting>>> 99 points of Ferrous range, and 99 points of Nonferrous range.....

...almost like an XLT...

cjc

33 minutes ago, cjc said:

...almost like an XLT...

cjc

Wish they would bring back the Spectragraph.  That's one of the best features of the ol' XLT/DFX.  Just imagine how deadly that would be in conjunction with today's fast processors.

On 9/12/2022 at 7:46 AM, cjc said:

XLT style ...😁...always liked it.

cjc

Clive, what is going on with your clivesgoldpage.com link?  I clicked it and got this error:

Access to clivesgoldpage.com was denied

You don't have authorization to view this page.

HTTP ERROR 403