Minelab Manticore Unofficial Specs And Features Thread

1 hour ago, PSPR said:

Clive, what is going on with your clivesgoldpage.com link?  I clicked it and got this error:

Access to clivesgoldpage.com was denied

You don't have authorization to view this page.

HTTP ERROR 403

PSPR, 

It must be something on your end, I just checked Clive's link and had no issues with it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gold Seeker said:

PSPR, 

It must be something on your end, I just checked Clive's link and had no issues with it.

Yeah, I did a little more checking.  It seems my Bitdefender anti-virus thinks there is a virus on the page and is blocking it.  Sort of weird. 

• Like 2

On 9/17/2022 at 10:25 AM, cjc said:

The 100+ and minus was amazing too

Still is in a CW relic hunters world, for sure best ID'ing detector I swing. Some would think who needs the -95 negative #'s, but for a relic hunter I immediately know if the old forged iron or modern iron is under the coil, and the positive +95#'s are just as informative. Another feature that's nothing new that works great, Bottle Cap Reject.

• Like 1

Some of the most interesting & informative things you can dig are Iron.

• Like 3

Tom D. posted this last night.....

"A little more data that I can share:

None of the bluetooth/wireless stuff from EQX will work on the Manticore. This sounds terrible/disappointing ........ BUT:
The new next-Gen bluetooth/wireless system on Manticore presents:
1. Even lower latency.
2. Even lower EMI.
3. Better audible clarity.

This could not be achieved with the EQX bluetooth system."

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dan(NM) said:

Tom D. posted this last night.....

"A little more data that I can share:

None of the bluetooth/wireless stuff from EQX will work on the Manticore. This sounds terrible/disappointing ........ BUT:
The new next-Gen bluetooth/wireless system on Manticore presents:
1. Even lower latency.
2. Even lower EMI.
3. Better audible clarity.

This could not be achieved with the EQX bluetooth system."

Remember that Minelab headphone poll we all took a while back?.... I guess not enough people answered ear buds. That is disappointing. If Minelab doesn't market Manticore compatible ear buds, that could be a deal breaker for Summer use. 🙄

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

If Minelab doesn't market Manticore compatible ear buds, that could be a deal breaker for Summer use.

It's my understanding that the Manticore will be compatible with a certain more recent Bluetooth standard.  (phrunt has posted more detail about that standard.)  My assumption is that aftermarket manufacturers will be providing optional audio devices to the general public (not just Manticore users but the much larger market, e.g. cellphone users).  If that's the case we should have multiple options.

The minus is that most previously owned equipment won't be directly usable, except (when appropriate) via the Manticore's output jack.

The Manticore package will include the ML105 headphones using the new T/R system, similar to when the ML 80's were included with the Equinox.  Personally I didn't like those and have always use the WM08 module with my favorite headphones and earbuds.  The latter method should still be an option but will require an aftermarket T/R system such as the Garrett Z-Lynk pair.  Not as convenient but still workable, and fast for those of us who like faster response than APTX LL.  Personally, if I'm not satisfied with the ML 105's, I'm hopeful the aftermarket will give me something I do like, and at an affordable price.  (I already have the Z-Lynk T/R so that base is covered.)

• Like 1