Minelab Vs Garrett Marketing

They may have done a fantastic job “wrapping everything up” as he says (1:20) other than the coil cable of course… 🤣  Sorry, it was just to easy.

Minelab sure does a release event different than say a US automaker where they have a bunch of vehicles for the media and users to drive around, close doors, kick tires, go on extended trips etc…  How sad Minelab, you could have built some test gardens and really had a good show of this, had a few Nox’s and 3030’s there for your customers to swing and compare over targets, but in typical “that’s right, we’re Minelab” fashion we just have to hold it up in the air and look annoyed when they ask us questions….. Minelab has forgotten who pays their bills, they’re no longer hungry for your business gentlemen (and ladies)!!!!!! If I hadn’t chosen to leave them before, the arrogance and lack of “give a damn” in this video would have cinched that deal… disgraceful. 

Toyota just introduced a new Tundra, they took people on a two day event…. (Video below), PS Minelab engineering, I’ve tossed in a “How to talk to your customers like you care” video below as a bonus … the Tesla Cyber Truck release event took everyone around on a drive etc, Minelab just looks at the customers like they’re peasants begging for bread, then tossing a 3 minute video on Facebook as their product release, pathetic, a real disservice to everyone who worked on that product, from R&D to the forklift driver loading the finished product onto the trucks.

Coming from a country where you’ll be lopped off at the knees if you “tall poppy”, they sure think they poop ice cream..

Garrett, you’ve already proven you listen and care, and probably don’t need to however, this is a moment in time where you could put on a dealer/customer event the exact opposite of this fiasco Minelab did, do some gardens, etc have Steve, Gerry there etc, the engineers actually answering questions and REALLY blow this Axiom release into a new Galaxy and show Minelab how it’s done…..  I'm involved in Victron Energy equipment and they just did a traveling roadshow…. Do one, prep up a small class C RV and travel America with all your machines so all the customers can experience the excitement we felt the week of the Axiom release… the “GARRETT’S BACK IN THE GOLD” tour.

https://www.victronenergy.com/blog/2021/07/13/victrons-massive-north-america-training-tour/

DO IT!!! Show the world American manufactures still have it.

Regardless, Garrett, Steve (and Gerry for test and input) thank you for your input into the Axiom, this company (Minelab) needs to be taken down a few rungs… what arrogance!!!

The engineer below looks like he’s in a hostage video.

Full video… if you call 3 minutes a ‘full’ video. Confirmation of chipped coils.

https://www.facebook.com/MinelabMetalDetectors/videos/1972595979605361/

How it could have been done….

I’ll show you what impression that video left me with (and made me want to have another shower, I feel dirty after watching that ‘event’).

image.jpeg.a12860a97c06d98cf6272fcc86fd35c5.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

the majority of people involved in metal detecting do not have technical knowledge nor much experience, this is well known by the companies and subsequently the marketers who promote the products... in my country YouTube is flooded with people who have no idea how technically a detector works and it's obvious that they have no experience and it's very easy to tell by the way they shake the coil 🙂 All they know to say is that the vlf that detects a coin at 50 cm and a large object at two meters 🤣 And unfortunately the majority of customers believe them because as we said above they have no experience with metal detectors...so companies present their machines knowing that they are mainly targeting customers who don't have the requirement to ask for more information about the product and all they want to hear is that it's the best and the deepest 🙂

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Kostas 13 said:

...so companies present their machines knowing that they are mainly targeting customers who don't have the requirement to ask for more information about the product and all they want to hear is that it's the best and the deepest 🙂

Selling down to the lowest common denominator … ala Kellyco etc.. yup quantity, not quality….Jack Lange’s, Doug Stone’s of the world be damned… granted Lange did come out with his own cheap junk detector (the “Treasure Snoop”) for a bit which I for one was not impressed with so I guess no one’s an angel.

• Like 1

Bill Stirling is the sweetie I met at the conference, yes you are absolutely correct Steve….. he now works for https://microbric.com/  if you know anything about Microbic, you know that Bill is a man of character working for passion, not pay, that was apparent during the chat he and I had at the conference and continues to show with his current employers business philosophy …. We need him to join Garrett.

Hey Garrett…… I bet he could be lured away…. How awesome could you be to have an in region Engineer dedicated to Aussie conditions, ground and otherwise…

Jen

image.thumb.png.aafd1243854c50a2e7ec0fe88fbd90df.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigtim1973 said:

So to sum up your analysis of minelabs new ride and drive event - All minelab said was:

"Let them eat cake!"

Am I correct?

Nailed it!!!!!

• Like 1

No,   Business marketing today is not the same as what I received my degree in 40 years ago. It might be effective, but it has no substances or soul.  The ignorant & superficial seem to be in charge of everything now. Garrett is a refreshing exception. Being Texans helps.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Toyota has a turnover more than 900 times greater than Codan - so i would expect their marketing to be "better".

But there is one similarity between the two companies - if either company produces a lemon the word would soon get around and no matter how good the marketing, it will be a sales flop.

I have held the Manticore and it feels really good - light , well balanced and i am sure they have engineered out some of the Equinox weaknesses but my test for the Manticore when i get one will be simple - i will take it to small trashy sites of mine that i have detected numerous times over the last 20 years and see if their claim of greater detecting power/discrimination/separation results in new finds. Time will tell, then by word of mouth, opinions based on actual experience will take over from any marketing campaign.

• Like 3