50% More Power To The Manticore Coil?

Been in sales all my life. People want to believe, and with that in your pocket, they will self hype on the tiniest of nudges. It's really not the marketers. People do this to themselves. Let me pour you all a big pour from my cups of cynicism and skepticism!!

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Erik Oostra said:

He makes the comment whilst the punters are comparing it to the Equinox.. He also says that power wise it's comparable to the CTX 3030.. It might be seen as marketing hype but I think that's because people assume that 50% more power to coil means it's 50% more powerful than other detectors..   

I know what he said and what Minelab wrote as both Steve and I quoted it above.  Plenty of room for interpretation.  What I find interesting is in the written ML statement of Beast features including the ambiguous power statement, not once do they mention anything about depth performance or even ambiguous "deeper than whatever" statements.

This all sounds very familiar

Either way, I don't care about the marketing mumbo jumbo, if it performs even 10% better than my Equinox that's 10% of extra performance I didn't have before.  If it doesn't leak that's something I don't have to worry about if I use it in water.  If it ID's better at depth that's going to help me decide if I want to dig more stuff.  These are the things that matter to me, not their marketing fluff. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Here the chief engineer (Mark Lawrie) explains the 'power' aspect of The Beast a bit better:

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Either way, I don't care about the marketing mumbo jumbo, if it performs even 10% better than my Equinox that's 10% of extra performance I didn't have before. 

Spot on!

9 hours ago, phrunt said:

... if it performs even 10% better than my Equinox that's 10% of extra performance I didn't have before. ...

I dont think that it will perform 10% better or more than the Equinox , because otherwise ML would have commnunicated on this with accurate figures . 

Btw 10% better means 3 or 4cm deeper than a Nox/Vanquish/Deus2 on a big coin at 30cm ( 12inches ) depth . If it is really the case I would certainly buy it  ..

• Like 2

Dave (midalake) linked a post from the Dankowski forum quoting Nasa Tom as saying Manticore has an ID scale from -99 to +99 with salt being 0....................if that is true.......hmmmmmm, lots of fun for us folks that often spend the whole day hunting in the wrap around zone!

• Like 4