50% More Power To The Manticore Coil?

It would be nice to know for future reference what those deep iron signals are when using what you already hunt with.

Even when using Spectra V3 on 3F multifrequency, my most used mod was with TX boost on... and using medium and low RX gain... depth gain detector and EMI resistance...
In many situations, this mod with TX boost cannot be replaced by another setting...

If you want a modern multi-frequency detector to have higher performance... and also have higher resistance to EMI... the only option is to increase the raw TX power...

simply increasing the raw power of TX by 50 percent gives good conditions for achieving good and better results... as with detectors of the previous generation...

...this possibility was always there... but the detection companies did not take it fully into consideration...,, and rather focused on the software management of the detector's performance..

I think that now detection companies are starting to understand this and are starting to use TX bost as a decisive parameter to improve detection capabilities...

• Like 3

6 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

I read probably 3/4 of all posts here at detectorprospector.com.  Every few months one will hit me in the head (in a good way 🥴) and this fits that experience.  Something that I've wondered about for at least a couple years is why I don't find coins deeper than about 8", and only a few that deep.  When I 'clean out' a site I still hear (among other things) those iron grunts.  I've always assumed they are just nails, deep cans, etc.  From what you're saying my assumptions haven't been very good.

I'm guardedly excited over this multicore.  It's going to be an interesting 6 months or so as we learn more!

(P.S. I just realized I'm getting OT.  Sorry, Chase.  Well, at least some of the posts on this thread have conformed to your request.  🙄)

It's an eye opener.  We had an awesome San Francisco park demo that lasted an entire summer, and a ton of great finds were made (I even managed an eleven silver hunt, that was exciting!).  Just about anything you can imagine was found (sans a gold coin), but a 1909-S VDB Wheat Cent was dug (not by me) a rare 1896 San Francisco dog license (I did get that one), tons of silver coins, old buttons going back to the beginning of the gold rush era, lots of tokens, several gold rings (got a nice Victorian era gold ring with a small diamond in it), and on and on.  It was one of the most enjoyable demo sites I've had the pleasure to hunt.  BUT my point was that it was pretty amazing to see what was coming up and still deep even after they scraped, trenched, or what not.   Tom Dankowski had positive comments on the added power, and potential applications as well as the 99 point iron range.  Definitely going to be an unusual and interesting machine 👍

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Tom Dankowski had positive comments on the added power, and potential applications as well as the 99 point iron range.  Definitely going to be an unusual and interesting machine 👍

They are giving the Manti 4 beach modes......right up my alley! 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Cal_Cobra said:

We had an awesome San Francisco park demo that lasted an entire summer, and a ton of great finds were made (I even managed an eleven silver hunt, that was exciting!).  Just about anything you can imagine was found (sans a gold coin), but a 1909-S VDB Wheat Cent was dug (not by me) a rare 1896 San Francisco dog license (I did get that one), tons of silver coins, old buttons going back to the beginning of the gold rush era, lots of tokens, several gold rings (got a nice Victorian era gold ring with a small diamond in it), and on and on.  It was one of the most enjoyable demo sites I've had the pleasure to hunt.

That sounds like the old-coin detectorist's dream site.  I know you've done very well at those historic trail sites, too, but I assume that's a different kind of thrill.  (I'm not greedy; I'd take just one of either.  😁)

1 hour ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Tom Dankowski had positive comments on the added power, and potential applications as well as the 99 point iron range.  Definitely going to be an unusual and interesting machine 👍

I hope we're not building the expectations too high for this unreleased detector.  (Well, someone always does that anyway.)  I think there is still room in the IB-VLF realm for better discrimination and if that actually exhibits itself in deep non-ferrous that previously showed up in the ferrous zone giving non-ferrous signals, then an inch deeper on those kinds of hits can really pay off in some sites.  That's what the Equinox did in my soils compared to the F75.  The Fisher is a deep detector but unless I was going to dig all (in which case a PI may be a better choice anyway), I couldn't take advantage of that extra depth.  My fingers are crossed that a similar revelation will occur with that extra power of the Manticore compared to the Equinox.

• Like 1

One thing I've noticed with the Equinox is an air gap between the coil and the soil dramatically cuts depth, it prefers to be really close to the soil, I believe the Boost mode on the later T2 and F75 was a way of resolving this problem.   It's always been a problem with my Nox when I hunt in longer grass, so I get annoyed when the mower dude doesn't keep the fields maintained as well as I'd hope, I always liked going straight after he mowed for the most depth.  This problem doesn't exist at all on the CTX as I can go with the longer grass and not lose depth.

It's a bit hard to explain but if a coin would normally be found at say 20cm deep but it's sitting there at only 10cm deep, if the coil is 5cm off the ground due to the grass the Nox may miss it, even though normally it should still have about 5cm of extra depth where it should find the coin.  The CTX doesn't have this at all, it gets the usual depth regardless.

I hope this is something they've addressed on the Mandatore and this 50% more power to the coil could be exactly that could it not?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, phrunt said:

One thing I've noticed with the Equinox is an air gap between the coil and the soil dramatically cuts depth, it prefers to be really close to the soil,

Am sure I will be corrected and scolded soon😁

But I have NEVER had a machine that did not go deeper by scrubbing the coil. I am a coil scrubber believer from WAY back............

• Like 5

Darn tootin' so am I, but only when I can.  Sometimes rocks or grass prohibit it and that's when this air gap problem is noticeable, I can easily replicate it on my coins buried in my yard too, you just can't lift the Nox coil off the ground like you can the CTX coil, it doesn't take much for what's quite a good responding deep target to entirely disappear by lifting the coil a bit.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, midalake said:

Am sure I will be corrected and scolded soon😁

But I have NEVER had a machine that did not go deeper by scrubbing the coil. I am a coil scrubber believer from WAY back............

Same here, one reason it sucks hunting in the spring and summer months out here (not to mention the heat).  In the fall and winter when the overgrowth dies back and the ground is moist are my favorite times of the year for relic hunting.   Slow and low is how I do best. 

• Like 3

I will often be the "mower dude" on my local private permissions. Brush cutter too. It is almost always well worth the effort on good sites.

• Like 3