50% More Power To The Manticore Coil?

I'm honestly not all concerned about more power. I'm in mineralized soil, and end up running the Equinox pretty low in terms of gain. I look for coins, rings, and jewelry usually, so I am excited about that 2D target ID system. I would like to see what people say about it when it goes out to the public. Ill have to see if it makes enough improvement over the Equinox to justify forking over 1600$. I need a back up machine, and I'd like to stick with Minelab, but as of right now, it is big-time marketing, and hype IMO. I pre-ordered a video game once, and the marketing, and hype had me convinced it would be the greatest game ever; I should have waited for it to come out, and read the consumer reviews.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

On 8/28/2022 at 8:56 PM, mh9162013 said:

How many other manufacturers have spent the time and effort to improve their SMF technology the way Minelab has?

I personally think the 50% more power thing is more of a marketing thing than anything else. But I also think that the Manticore will be able to make use of that power more effectively than the AT Max did when it was released and much of the marketing mentioned its greater sensitivity and increased power.

Well a machine like the Anfibio can be tested indoors and the stability is unreal.  As for these claims about the Mantacore--seems to play on what they hope is the limited knowledge of many consumers in that how much power is being transmitted is only part of the equasion.  What the conditions will allow is the rest..kinda like depth claims that omit the variable of "where?"

cjc 😁

• Like 3