Problems With Legend Ground Balancing

Good morning guys!

I would need to understand if the behavior of my Legend is normal or if I need to go to service.
Basically when I balance the instrument on the ground, the screen value tends to decrease until it reaches 0.
Quite simply, maybe I'm looking in an area, terrain value 55, as I move (and I've noticed almost always on tilled/plowed terrain) and maybe I rebalance because the machine starts to be "noisy," with each pumping the value drops and reaches 0; it seems strange to me because often maybe from one area to another there are 50 meters and by now it's 4/5 times that it happens to me.

Could it be that I find all soils with almost no mineralization and therefore the instrument cannot read it?
Or am I doing something wrong?

I would like to point out that if I switch the Legend to tracking mode, then it can read the value after a few minutes that I search.

Thank you

• The title was changed to Problems With Legend Ground Balancing

Nokta changed the Legend's Ground Balance function some with V1.08/V1.09. You can read their description of this off their website on the Legend software updates section.

I also was confused by this revised behavior at first. It sounds to me like your unit is working as intended. It is somewhat different behavior than what we have been used to.  Mine acts similarly on low mineralized ground. I am still trying to get use to it.  It seems to run just fine at 0 but I keep checking it anyway. It is a very quickly adjusting process that is for sure.

2 hours ago, JCR said:

Nokta changed the Legend's Ground Balance function some with V1.08/V1.09. You can read their description of this off their website on the Legend software updates section.

I also was confused by this revised behavior at first. It sounds to me like your unit is working as intended. It is somewhat different behavior than what we have been used to.  Mine acts similarly on low mineralized ground. I am still trying to get use to it.  It seems to run just fine at 0 but I keep checking it anyway. It is a very quickly adjusting process that is for sure.

JCR you are always so kind.

So very simply it is ok that the value collapses to 0?
You know actually, thinking it was a problem I never searched with the value on 0, I really think I was wrong so!
That's fine then, I'll see if I can "listen" to the instrument next time and leave the value at 0.

One more question, I noticed that Multi3 is really so much stable, much more than M1, but was it clear whether it is a Multi that works with high or low frequencies?

Thank you

Dilek stated that on low mineral ground, The Legend performs best with a Ground Balance of 0. That seems a bit broad to me so I try to get it as exact as possible to run quiet & give the best TID. So far I have found Ground tracking to work well when I have used it. Again it is a very quickly adjusting feature.

M3 supposedly subtracts the response from conductive/wet soils. I assume in a different way than the Beach modes. I get the impression that M3 is weighted lower than M1 but not as low as MW. Not sure where MD falls on the relative scale. M3, like the single frequency choices is not as hard hitting as M1 & M2 for whatever reason but is more stable. Perhaps there is something going on with the TX power level.

There is supposedly an M4 selection in the works for a future update. Not sure of it's intended application.

• Thanks 1