It's An Omen!

16 hours ago, Erik Oostra said:

I'm not by nature a superstitious dude but this morning's find has to be an omen.. It's the metal detecting Gods telling me to buy an Manticore.. 😬

After some of the things you've posted about your experiences with the Deus 2, maybe Minelab will pay you *not* to get a Manticore.  :biggrin:

• Haha 5

Erik  

I have a friend that says sometimes it’s just the pleasure of having something in your hands and yet not really needing it . I have a lot of detectors that fit just what I said.

This new detector sounds like it’s got a lot going for it and in turn could add to finds for you down the road .

The main thing is how cool 😎 you going to look in the field swinging this new cat’s meow metal detector called Manitcore.

Heck if I was you I wouldn’t even turn it on. You already looking good so why work up a sweat . This is all about owning the best detector out there and looking good with it alone.

Your friends will say look there there goes Erik to parade along the beach with his Manitcore again.

Erik just writing this I find myself envious of you.

Chuck 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Ridge Runner said:

This new detector sounds like it’s got a lot going for it and in turn could add to finds for you down the road .

Funny stuff Chuck, I really like the idea of not even turning it on.. 😆I don't think I'll jump in there like I did with the Deus II.. It didn't increase the amount of finds nor does it punch any deeper than the Equinox.. I'm not a great fan of the whole wireless nonsense, as a scuba detector it still needs a whole tangle of wires to make it work.. But if the Mongrel preforms well in field test (especially on the beach) and punches even a little bit deeper than the Equinox (I'll be happy with an inch) then the Deus II is out the door.. I don't really need any more detectors but I'll hang onto both my Equinoxes only because of the range of coils I've bought for them.. The 600 will be dedicated for scuba with the PulseDive for deeper waters, I've had just as much luck with it as the Deus II.. That's still far too many detectors than I really need, but like you say sometimes it's a pleasure owning something that you don't need.. Especially on old favourite workhorse like the Equinox, to sell them would be like sending them off to the knackers..      

• Like 6

The Nox 800 is a great detector and the Manitcore has got a up hill climb if it can outdo the Nox. I find it hard to talk down on a old friend like my Nox but I have to face reality . That being Minelab is not in business for their health so this Manitcore like said before has to be the cats meow of a detector .

I hope it’s hotter than a Tom cat on a hot tin roof. If that be the case like you I’ll have one  

The Best!

Chuck 

• Like 4