Garrett Axiom Salt Mode

Carolina

I understand this is more than likely a nugget machine. But it does have a salt mode so I am interested in that. Are there any videos available on salt beaches and jewelry? I’m curious what the machine is doing to salt in salt mode. Thanks

2 hours ago, Swegin said:

Yes there is a Salt mode.  There is a video that talks about Detection Modes.  Salt mode is near the end.

Thanks for your reply. I think you missed my point. Yes it has a salt mode as I stated. Are there any videos of it on a salt beach ? That clam shell coil will only be good for a couple inches of water before it wears you out holding it down. I’m interested what it is doing to compensate for the salt. Is it just dumbed down or some new technology or combination of both? I think this is a Steve Herschbach  question.

The salt mode balances out the salt signal, just like all salt modes. There is no "new technology" for doing that, in this  or any other detector. You can eliminate salt via phase with a VLF, or pulse delay with a PI, or both in hybrid processing. Either method tunes out small non-ferrous items that read like salt, like small earrings, or thin gold chains. The Axiom, as a PI, will be using sufficient pulse delay to eliminate the salt signal.

The big difference here is not salt compensation, it's magnetite handling for people that have that issue. The machine balances out magnetite better than any detector I have ever used. Until other coils arrive, it's not really a wading machine though, so dry beach only. The 11" can be held down with effort, and I did not even bother trying the larger coils in the water.

No, there is no video specific to salt mode at this time. There are a couple videos on YouTube showing it being used on the beach, but nothing that really tells you anything yet.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Steve, excellent and speedy response to my questions. Thank you.