A Little Seated Half Dime Click Bait From This Spring Near Tappahannock, Virginia....

1 hour ago, Doc Bach said:

I noticed that you did not get a reply to your question about the shovel. The brand name is Excalibur the model is the Merlin two piece travel.I bought one with the 40 inch length with the D handle and the wider blade option to carry in my XP Backpack and it fits very well.Great shovel it's powder coated not to heavy and rock solid a good purchase in all respects. 

Actually, I personally thanked every commenter on here but for some reason it's not posting. I gave all the data for the shovel as you did. 🤷‍♂️

On 8/31/2022 at 8:08 PM, midalake said:

Awesome coin. Way to go on picking the right mode for the right job! 

Thanks Midlake!.... That Deus 2 is very versatile in that regards. That's why my Nox 800 is up for sale. 😂

On 8/31/2022 at 8:30 PM, Cal_Cobra said:

Congrats! 

Never get tired of digging them 👍

Thanks CC.... Hope I get to say that too someday.

On 8/31/2022 at 11:45 PM, Kodiak said:

Thank for sharing your find.  And Welcome to the forum.  

Thank you Kodiak..... Glad to be here.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2022 at 10:09 AM, GB_Amateur said:

Very nice!  Good to see you've figured out how to tune the Deus 2 for your conditions.

Your shovel looks new, or did you recently repaint it?  What brand and model is it?

It worked well that day on that field for sure.

Sorry my posts about the excalibur didn't post... Not sure what happened. Seems that all my replies got deleted. Bizarre. But Doc Bach and GB are right on the money. It's a 2 piece Merlin. He'll make it in whatever color you want and various widths too for field work vs woods. D handle or T.

On 9/1/2022 at 5:38 PM, rvpopeye said:

Very nice find.🖖

Thanks RV!

1 hour ago, GB_Amateur said:

Here's their website.  No "about us" tab; no location, just an email address and a link to their Facebook page under 'contact'.

He's near Salt Lake City.  I actually called him at the number on his Facebook and once we figured out my custom shovel I had it in my hands in less than a week.

He also makes a small Leshce style digging tool that I got that I recommend too. Serrated on both sides and very very sturdy. Got a nice engraved leather case as well. A little pricey but everything is custom. Im tall and wanted a longer shovel. 

• Like 1