Question For The More Experienced On Tones

3 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

That may be the best Freudian Slip I've ever seen on this website!  (Not picking on you, midalake as many of us -- including myself -- have done similar.)  It's just so appropriate in this case I had to highlight it.

Ya, I was grasping for a word. Variables didn't work...Well it least one of the definitions is bother. So, it is a bother to learn a detector fully. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Midalake made a few good points.   Maybe more but these stick in my mind.

Results of A five day hunt with the D2  than going back couple months later finding a change in the machines reaction to the conditions.             Bearing down with a machine to extract that extra 10%.         With many of todays top machines it will take 300 hrs or over to come anyway near mastering.   In the wild.       

As for learning, mastering or blundering while hunting.          I got a Vista X analog shortly after they came out.     So after a year of many many hrs of hunting, I thought I had it down pretty good.     Ran across a video by the late Des Doone   ( might have the spelling wrong) anyway came to a tip in his video that I knew I was weak in.     It was like Boom the fog went away, and my nickel finds started increasing.      There are more than a few guys out there that know their stuff and can get it across in a video.

• Like 2