Whites TDI Motherboard

Melano87

Hi,

Having recovered a Whites TDI motherboard (not SL) and having a coil.

I would like to reconnect it with potentiometers and switches.

Does anyone have photos showing the wiring/colors of the switches and potentiometers on the plate and the values/types of the potentiometers (B100k etc.) and switches?

Thanks.

David

Pulse delay & Frequency are 10k, although 100k will also work.
Gain is 50k.
Ground balance is 100k.
Threshold is 100k.

As I recall the PCB is marked where everything plugs in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hi,

Many thanks Carl,

Ok for the plugs. But the potentiometers, none is "stereo" only mono.

Also, how do you know which pin of the potentiometer/switch goes where on the plug?

Thanks.

David

All pots are mono. The pin connections are all linear, that is, outside-middle-outside on the pot (or switch) is the same on the connector. This means you will have to figure out which outside connection goes where but that's pretty easy once you fire up the circuit. If the pot operation is backwards, swap the outside pins. Sorry, I don't have a diagram or a pic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks again Carl, I understand.

I had one last question, what is the difference in wiring on the "Pulse Scan" where there is the "Ground Balance" potentiometer and the "GEB On Off" switch and the TDI Pro with the two potentiometers "GEB Fine Off" and "Coarse GEB" ?

The "GEB Fine" of the TDI is a potentiometer that has a switch and comes in the same location as the "GEB On Off" switch of the Pulse Scan Pro? 
What is the value of this switch potentiometer?

And also Coarse GEB = Ground balance ?

Thanks.

David

On the Pro the Coarse/Fine pots are wired in series. The coarse is sill 100k, the fine is 10k and includes the GEB on/off switch. Both pots are wired as variable resistors, i.e. the center lug is shorted to one of the outer lugs to make a 2-terminal pot. You will need to figure out which outer lug to short it to so that counterclockwise gives a minimal value.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/5/2022 at 4:46 PM, Geotech said:

All pots are mono. The pin connections are all linear, that is, outside-middle-outside on the pot (or switch) is the same on the connector. This means you will have to figure out which outside connection goes where but that's pretty easy once you fire up the circuit. If the pot operation is backwards, swap the outside pins. Sorry, I don't have a diagram or a pic.

Pulse Scan TDI

Is the target conductivity switch an ON-OFF-ON?

5830238E-7F6A-4B57-9C01-1481E876FF0B.jpeg

A147EA25-1226-4630-98AC-58FB248C4769.jpeg

46A05FF6-D52F-4F21-B3B5-1F1FED57FA31.jpeg

D4FCE27B-FA48-4587-92E7-56D13B968B77.jpeg

1144E4E6-1B5C-4180-8612-6E0256E71290.jpeg

• Like 1