Garrett Axiom At Nome, Alaska

Wow, what a post and adventure!  That place is incredible, those miners are on some good ground with decent size nuggets.  I bet you'll be going back there if you get the chance.

The thing I see most is people don't think the Axiom will handle bad ground and perform well in it, it clearly does and with ease.

Some really nice gold there.  Gotta love Alaska, if I lived in the US it'd be Alaska for sure.

• Like 9

Amazing stuff and a great report. 

Sometimes I read some of these 100+ year old reports from various areas where they talk about the miners taking out 5-10 ounces a day with a rocker or by pan and it seems some are exaggeration. But 1/10th of an ounce in one pan off false bedrock there shows it's possible in the right untouched ground....

Also goes to show just how useful a metal detector can be in the right hands for commercial operations and exploring. Easily the most underutilized tool in the commercial prospecting/mining world right now I think. 

• Like 8

Wow Steve, nice report! What a fun trip and adventure. Lots of nice looking gold too. Axiom is showing it's usefulness as a serious gold detector. For the little bit I used yours I was really impressed with the ergonomics and you've shown on multiple occasions now the Axiom is a very capable PI for gold hunting. Looking forward to your future adventures and reports with the Axiom.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Nice work there boss...!!!!  had a chuckle when Phrunt mentioned if he moved to US it'd be Alaska.  You better be real tuff between the weather and skeeters. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, oneguy said:

Nice work there boss...!!!!  had a chuckle when Phrunt mentioned if he moved to US it'd be Alaska.  You better be real tuff between the weather and skeeters. 

I like cooler weather and for some reason skeeters don't like me, Brisbane in Australia where I lived had swarms of the suckers, they attacked everyone around me and left me alone, I think I taste bad.  We have sand flies here in NZ and it's the same thing they go for everyone around me but rarely touch me.  The cold thing must be in the family, my sister moved to Burns Lake in British Columbia, Canada from tropical Brisbane Australia.

The combo of a Garrett Axiom and a Garrett 24k seems a deadly combination, and to think it's completely Garrett, two of the better prospecting detectors on the market, a few years ago the choices from Garrett were vastly different with the ATX and AT Gold being the pick of the bunch.  How times change 🙂

• Like 7

Thinking about it after the fact...every place has it's drawbacks.  EVERY time I see a vid from Australia and see all those f'n flies, then think about snakes, heat, wind etc. I'd never hold up down there....

• Like 2
  • Haha 3