Your Favorite Nugget.....

oneguy

On 9/8/2022 at 3:41 PM, oneguy said:

Dayum.....from a city park.  Guess gold really is "where you find it".....

History and location of this old park is what kept me thinking there may be a nugget hiding. After 10+ years of hunting this park I finally found one.  May be more.

• Like 2

On 9/8/2022 at 4:46 PM, oneguy said:

Post away Lanny!!!!  Hope you are well up there?  We actually made it smoke/fire free locally until Sept hit then it all changed.  Nothing too close now except the smoke, supposed to cool down in a few days. Fingers crossed......

Take care bud.....

All well up here in the northland, and there's still gold to be found. Lots of heavy forest fire smoke in gold country right now, classified as the worst air quality on the planet right now, no joke. 

I've found that picture, so I hope it will post.

All the best as you chase that sassy Montana gold,

Lanny

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

So here's the deal I wanted to post this photo and story one year ago when this topic started but was unable to locate the picture.Anyway it turned up the other night hidden away in one of my antique bottle books.

Let me begin by saying that the nugget the lovely lady in the photo is proudly displaying wasn't found by me but by her friend and previous partner over in Downieville Ca back in the 1980's.I met Kathy at the Hopland Brewery in around 86 or 87 where she tended bar and waited on tables and so forth.

She and I got acquainted a little and she was aware of the fact that I was an avid local treasure hunter and collector and she for some reason wanted me to have the photo and related the story about how her friend had discovered it.The way I remember it although I was three sheets to the wind from the six or eight pints of Blue Herron Ale and a couple of fat doobies consumed out in the beer garden is that the guy was snorkeling in the creek in downtown Downieville looking for antique bottles, relics and most likely nuggets and spotted it lying at the bottom of a pool.

My guess is that one of you local boys that were living and prospecting in or around that area and beyond during that period of time know the person that found it and the rest of the story.I sadly lost track of Kathy as I was a proffessional Steelhead bum in those days and would spend my winters up north in Brookings Oregon and when I returned one spring she had moved on.

C7146BF6-3A8A-437B-A22D-B7877DF4DF04_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.ff28e05c3c0766e09fd7d4eee7811158.jpeg

BCE0DC1B-C0B9-4A79-BD98-A53515F40F16_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.6241e82c0a406a52d250069bda537fa8.jpeg

D8FC1324-78F6-45A3-918B-2656511764C6_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.c43753937ac0faa5fac7498f68b3c91f.jpeg 

So if this gets around to you Kathy I hope that you are healthy and happy and I'm sorry that I never had a chance to say goodbye.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh my! 1