First Outings With The Deus2 Ws6 Lite

palzynski

• The title was changed to First Outing With The Deus2 Ws6 Lite 9inch Coil :

That is a great first run with your ws6 set up.

How did you find the depth compared to the original deus??

Did you buy this set up as a lite configuration or did you get the full deus set up with the ws6 backphones??

Are you in the UK??

The deus package I purchased was with the wsii wireless backphones. 

I was initially wanting a deus 2 lite and was going to keep my deus 1 but since they did not offer that configuration yet here for sale....I just bought the package i mentioned. 

Am now selling my deus 1. 

I have used program 1 general and program 4 fast. 

i find the fast program on the deus 2 deeper than on the original deus 1.

i like the full tone option with square audio. 

I find it more pleasant to the ears. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, bigtim1973 said:

That is a great first run with your ws6 set up. ...

How did you find the depth compared to the original deus??

--> I usually set 29khz on my D1 in iron infested areas to get a good reactivity on targets . The downside is a loss of depth on high conductivity targets like medium/big coins that "prefer" lower freqs like 5khz . The D2 FMF automatically scans the freqs from 5 to 40khz then I have excellent perfos on both small and bigger targets with it ...

Did you buy this set up as a lite configuration or did you get the full deus set up with the ws6 backphones??

--> Lite config : I bought the W6 and a 9" coil ( 750€ ). The shaft is home made from a Quest shaft .

Are you in the UK??

--> In France

The deus package I purchased was with the wsii wireless backphones. 

I was initially wanting a deus 2 lite and was going to keep my deus 1 but since they did not offer that configuration yet here for sale....I just bought the package i mentioned. 

--> You have done a good choice ...The D2 pricing is now competitive vs the other brands , Nokta Legend , ML Equinox 800 Manticore etc ... And the D2 outperforms them in terms of detection cumfort/lightness ..

Am now selling my deus 1. 

---> I keep my D1 9X6 as a backup and also because it is a little lighter than the D2, and because it is still an excellent machine in plowed fields where the targetss are often near the surface

I have used program 1 general and program 4 fast. i find the fast program on the deus 2 deeper than on the original deus 1.

--> thx program 4 fast I will try it . For me 1 general is not reactive enough , it is a little too slow in the irons , it will be ok only in clean areas for me ..

i like the full tone option with square audio.  I find it more pleasant to the ears. 
--> I agree ...

• Thanks 1

• The title was changed to First Outings With The Deus2 Ws6 Lite 9" Coil

SECOND OUTING WITH THE DEUS2 WS6 LITE :

Same area and same settings ( SENSITIVE ) .  It has rained a little and the soil is a little less dry. Its time to start the D2.

Just a few minutes after I find a coin weight ( poids monétaire in French , I dont know the translation in English). It was used to check a coin weight. Nice find  ... 🙂

The next find will be a silver hammered coin dating from the 16th century ( 1543 ? ) 🙂 . The coin was deep and 
I would have probably missed it with my Deus1. 9X6   My first silver coin with the D2...  🙂I will try to identify  it tomorrow ..

During this 2 hours outing I will find 6 coins , 3 medieval coins and 3 more modern coins . Plus a nice medieval gilded rooch and other medieval artefacts ..

The D2 is fun to use , it easily locates the good targets in the nails bed , and it is almost silent on the ferrous. It also goes deep , sometimes I even had to give up digging because of the rock-hard soil due to the dryness..

As I already noticed the D2 conductivity scale ( or the tones breaks ) are different from the D1 . Most of the targets tends to sound with high tones on the D2, even the tiny pieces of copper for example . I guess I just have to get used to this ...

That was a very good day .  Very happy with the D2 . I think I have found the detector I was looking for ... 🙂

A few pics :

Back in the field ... :

DSC00192.thumb.JPG.a37d3e54043f1a017ce633aae95e1bcd.JPG

The coin weight ( poids monetaire ) :

DSC00191.thumb.JPG.953b9a864faa496ff4df45d185f8040f.JPG

First silver coin for the D2 - a silver hammered coin - 16th century

DSC00195.thumb.JPG.63008eae435a8fba54b9fe3774cfa056.JPG

The silver coin with the WS6 :

DSC00193.JPG

A medieval artefact ? :

DSC00198.thumb.JPG.2bac73ab0c12bc2d7ef4e31251016622.JPG

An other old coin - denier tournois - 16th century :

DSC00196.thumb.JPG.82c09d423f9d0d2dd2877d02e997c5ac.JPG

A gilded medieval brooch  :

DSC00200.JPG

Time to go back home with a nice view of the castle :

DSC00207.JPG

6 coins found during this outing ... Not bad ... 🙂

DSC00208.JPG

• Like 5

Odd that most don't realize that they get 2 detectors in that box with the Deus 2. (Including me) 🤔

Jealous of your great hunt! 👍Thanks for the photos. 🙂

• Like 2

THIRD OUTING WITH THE D2 WS6  :

Same area , same detector , same setttings ( SENSITIVE nr2 mode )

It has rained last night and the soil conditions are better . And I have more experience with the D2 now and I can concentrate on the signals instead of loosing time changing the settings ..  

I have detected around 2 hours today . Found 11 coins 🙂 : 3 very small roman coins , 4 medieval , 2 from the 17th century , 2 modern including an aluminium coin from Israel I think ( !? ) .. 

Only one coin is in a very good state , a double tournois Maurice de la Tour dating from 1622. I will post a better pic tomorrow 

Very impressed with the D2 and the job done by XP , it is the perfect machine for my kind of hunting , as I am very often in the iron trash ..

Light , fast , reactive , powerful , fun to use .. No need for a new beast , this is the one I was looking for   ...🙂✌️ 😺 ..

DSC00213.JPG

After one hour :

DSC00212.JPG

After two hours  :DSC00219.JPG

• Like 2

Nice write up and nice bunch of finds palzynski. Related to your tone breaks complaint, with the D1, I always hunted with VDI Normalization OFF. Since it's not possible to do that in multifrequncy mode I've had to get used to good targets coming in a bit higher on the conductivity scale on the D2.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Lodge Scent said:

Nice write up and nice bunch of finds palzynski. Related to your tone breaks complaint, with the D1, I always hunted with VDI Normalization OFF. Since it's not possible to do that in multifrequncy mode I've had to get used to good targets coming in a bit higher on the conductivity scale on the D2.

Thanks Lodge Scent . Yes I understood yesterday that the D2 conductivity analysis is  different from the D1.  For example even tiny bids of copper or bronze sound high on the D2 while they sound medium on the D1. Then I have decided to forget everything about the D1 and learn the D2 as a new machine , which is the good thing to do I think ...

On the D2 I have just changed from SENSITIVE the number of tones from 3 to 5 and the last tone break from 72 to 80 so that schrapnells sound medium instead of high ..  

• Like 1

• The title was changed to First Outings With The Deus2 Ws6 Lite