The Legend Removes Beer Bottle Caps

Bottle caps vary quite a bit depending on how much steel is used and how old or rusty they may be.  Keeping iron audio on low you should be able to hear it off the nose of the coil. In general you probably wouldn't want to notch out them because you could lose some coins in that range.

• Like 1

There are some steel alloy crown bottle caps in the USA that will have IDs from 18 to 22. Others will have IDs in the mid 30s. They sound really good especially if they are a little rusty. 

I usually hunt with iron filter 3, iron stability 1 to 3 and depend on the Ferro Check meter. 

Since you can't see the Ferro Check meter underwater, the best way is what Ken suggested. If you can center the coil over the target you should get a non-ferrous response along the center spine of the coil and swinging left and right. You should get a strong iron response as you move the front tip of the coil inline with the center spine just away from the bottle cap. If you turn up the iron filter to 6 or 7 and turn up the iron stability setting you will still get non-ferrous responses near the center of the coil but the iron responses will start before the tip and tail of the coil move away from the bottle cap.

Practicing this tendency with some found bottle caps would be good.

Notching them out would depend on where they ID in you area and what other coins or jewelry may also have similar IDs.

Here in the USA, I don't want to notch them out since many gold rings can also have the same 18 to 22 IDs and our US 5 cent coin has a target ID close by.

Raising the discrimination up to 22 for my area would also mean missing lots of gold jewelry.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/4/2022 at 11:33 PM, Jason China said:

I would like to know how Legend can be used to identify or block beer bottle caps, I am from Equinox and am very happy with Legeng in all aspects, the only thing that bothers me is the bottle cap

caps force you to learn a bit more theory.  Most caps are more like the ground than a good target and can be recognised by this feature.  use your cross sweep and look for the "wild" response.  Also try combining  this technique with 60 Tone audio.  See illustration below from my book.   

cjc

IMG_4710.jpg

• Like 3

Drawing the coil back while sweeping to listen if the tone drops to Iron is helpful also on suspect targets. Lower kHz also helps tell on them.

• Like 2