Only Fitting I Suppose

Well here I am in good ol Santa Clara, my first hunt with my new Deus... And what pops up as my first coin ever with my new detector?????????  In my front yard????? LOL... A 1916 French coin!!! Figures, hope this is a great sign of things to come.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 9

WOW -  How fitting is that?  What are the odds?  

• Like 1

That's pretty cool. I have yet to go over my front yard.  When I do, I'll probably find a bunch of old Milwaukee cans or house keys :blink:

• Like 1

thats cool, due too kids and stuff my back yard would fall under the high trash setting.

• Like 1

What is your address?

• Like 1

How ironic is that !!! Awesome.

Those french coins get around. When I first got my CoRe I hunted my parent's back yard in Phoenix and found three French coins in the same hole. Not as old as yours. Weird. Enjoy your new machine!

Dean

• Like 1

the house sits right in the middle of town, it was one of the early farm houses in the city. the guy who built it back in the 1920's came here from italy, his last name was Harris and his family had a couple of farms in town. he also had some connection to friends or family in France and used to travel there occasionally, so I would imagine that there is pretty good odds he was the one who lost the coin.

there also used to be a service station years ago next door so I find all kinds of junk in the lot on the side of the property. between the farm and service station along with 90 plus years of trash the property has been tough to hunt, but the Deus seems to handle things pretty well, I never saw that coin, or picked out the signal with my SST.

• Like 1

Hey Clark   The Deus is my "Search and destroy"  machine because I know I'm gonna do a lot of digging when I pick that thing up. Some call it a beep and dig type detector and I'm liable to agree with that line of thinking. The target ID may vary  depending on the depth of the object. Hits really well on round objects for some reason.  If your in heavy iron infested old home site it's the machine to have. Great on buttons and the like. If you have any questions about how to get the most out of your Deus feel free to ask Merton as he is an expert with the Deus :smile:   Nice coin!

strick

• Like 1

Thanks Chuck, I was wondering a little bit about the numbers and such they weren't making much sense to me. my ear was tuned pretty good for the whites, but the Deus tones i'm not used to yet and today i was finding myself focusing more on the sweetness of the tone and repeatability of what i believed to be nonferrous targets of interest.  Not that different really from the Whites, great at ID'ing coins, but everything else a guess anyways and I'm told you could call the GPZ a dig it all machine :laugh:, so I imagine I can live with some extra digging since I don't seem to know no better anyways. just having the chance to find a good coin or something else of interest out in the bush and trash infested ground will be fun. The SST is a great detector and super easy to use, but I'm really enjoying this dainty little french cutie.

clark

• Like 1