Garrett Axiom Working In The Hot Rocks

Gerry  

Thanks for making the video on the Axiom and what we can expect of it when we can get our hands on one.

Keep making the videos Gerry. You just can’t beat the show and the tell it looks like the Axiom can speak for it’s self.

I don’t guess the Axiom said when Garrett said when they will be released?

Chuck 

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Garrett Axiom Working In The Hot Rocks

Thanks Gerry, this fits in perfectly with my line of questioning lately that I possibly put in the wrong place here, by the way Steve answered my question very well so it's worth reading for people interested in hot rocks and detectors.

The VLF's of course along with the GPZ and the GPX 6000 are troubled by hot rocks for me so this attribute to the Axiom is very appealing.  While we don't have a lot of bad soil here we certainly have a lot of hot rocks, a crazy amount, some places I just don't even like using my GPZ as it drives me crazy as I just don't have enough patience for the hot rocks and it's why I invested in a GPX 5000 but then if the Axiom is more sensitive than the 5000 to small targets yet has the same handling ability of it along with all of it's other benefits such as modern design and light weight, it's a real winner.

• Like 5

Phrunt, just a thought....  with all these newer lighter, etc. machines showing up you just might be able to score a low priced SDC over there?  Good on small stuff and seems to handle hot rocks really well, at least in my area?  Nice smooth threshold, folds up, built like a battleship...handles like one too, actually more like an aircraft carrier...lol

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, oneguy said:

Phrunt, just a thought....  with all these newer lighter, etc. machines showing up you just might be able to score a low priced SDC over there?  Good on small stuff and seems to handle hot rocks really well, at least in my area?  Nice smooth threshold, folds up, built like a battleship...handles like one too, actually more like an aircraft carrier...lol

Yep, there have been a few SDC's pop up for sale with reasonable prices, they seem to favour difficult soil conditions more than mild soils though, their hot rock handling seems a good attribute though.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

Gerry  

Thanks for making the video on the Axiom and what we can expect of it when we can get our hands on one.

Keep making the videos Gerry. You just can’t beat the show and the tell it looks like the Axiom can speak for it’s self.

I don’t guess the Axiom said when Garrett said when they will be released?

Chuck 

I'm expecting to get an update later this week, but since I'll be at my USMC Reunion, I'll not be back until Tuesday to update everyone.

• Like 2