What Is Your Backup Detector?

I primarily use an Equinox, but I keep my old AT Pro as a backup/when I want to use it. I'm way more comfortable with the AT's audio, and will often use it to scout a site first before I use the Equinox. I wish I could have the AT's audio with the Equinox's performance, but oh well.

• Like 4

90+% i use my T2 as my main machine and either my Deus or Nox as a back up,as almost all of my detecting is done inland then single freq machines suit me just fine,my original green T2 from 2007 has found me more gold hammer and milled coins and also silver hammered coins that all my other detector and i own and use alot of them.....but my T2 is still the best all time detector.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh my! 1

Equinox and Deus 2 pretty equally. I have an Ace 400 and a Tesoro Vaquero with a wireless headphone transmitter if I feel like digging too much junk. 😀

• Like 5

For Gold - GPZ 7000 primary and GPX 6000 or 5000 as backup, well not such much backup more as substitutes if the terrain or area is better suited to the other detector.

For Gold VLFs - Garrett 24k primary, Equinox 800 as an alternative depending on site.

For Gold - Pinpointer - Garrett Carrot AT primary,  XP Mi4 as an alternative.

For Coins / Jewellery in Park settings - CTX 3030 with Equinox 800 as backup, again not as a backup more as a substitute if the site is better suited to the other detector. 

For Coins / Jewellery - Pinpointer - Garrett Carrot AT, and Garrett Carrot AT as backup.

For Beach - Equinox 800, GPX 5000 as an alternative.

For Beach - Pinpointer Fisher F-Pulse for on sand with Nokta Pulse Dive for water use.

This might shuffle around soon with the Mandible coming soon and of course there is now a Garrett Axiom I'd like to enter my fleet at some point.

• Like 7

Garrett Axiom hopefully with Whites SPP for backup/loaner in the pulse induction category

Equinox, Legend and Deus 2 Lite (it may go bye bye if no update happens soon.....it is missing several options in Notch and User Profiles and sucks on small gold nuggets) for VLFs

One of my grown-up kids has my Vanquish 440 (he doesn't seem to want to give it back😪) and I have a wonderful Tesoro Silver uMax for my grandkid to play with.

Great topic bigtim1973!!!

• Like 7

They all are both primary and back up detectors...kinda like a baseball team certain ones work better for certain conditions...sometimes I'll use two the same day at the same location..I think I've got 8-9 back up detectors right now lol need to cut a couple from the team before the next free agent becomes available. 

strick 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1