Am Enjoying The Deus 2 Very Much

bigtim1973

I primarily purchased the deus 2 for the large target ID option on the .71 update. 

The one I received did not have that installed. 

I installed it and it went like a piece of cake. 

Started out just using program 1 the general. 

Just to get a feel for it. 

It did very well and I dug up several coins at my mother on laws backyard. 

Have swung a tion of units back there. Just your typical 1970s house. 

I did it to see if there was anything left. 

Found about 8 coins and a hot wheels car right off the bat. 

Found several nickels back there too. First one was on edge and it locked on 61 with no varying tid numbers. 

Was about 8 inches deep 

Power lines near by and it ran very quiet. 

There is a little spot with lots of small bits of iron. 

It went off on iron with some false halos on the edge of the coil but no where near as what an equinox would do. 

I switched over to fast and I found that it is deeper than the deus 1 fast. 

Found a 1950s wheat at my old farm house yesterday. 

Small spot right off of the front step where I have swung over 10 different machines including some friends who have swung theirs there too. 

I know i walked over that wheat several times before.....and none of them ever sounded off on it. 

Was about 7 inches deep in hard packed ground where cars are parked since 1949. 

Very pleased with the deus 2. 

Have let go of my deus 1 and now only have the deus 2. 

Due to family circumstances....I am not able to take it out on a regular hunt for the time being. 

Cannot wait until I take it out on a real site. 

Excellent  machine!!

• Like 8

Congratulations on your Deus 2 purchase.  I am enjoying mine, and the machine has performed quite well any place I take it, including under water.  I currently have it with me while travelling in Peru.

I added the WSA2 headphones to allow me to use the WS6 puck as the master remote.  I've tested it but haven't actually hunted with it yet, but wow, it's quite light in that configuration.

Enjoy your D2.

• Like 3

On 9/8/2022 at 9:29 PM, ByTheLake said:

Congratulations on your Deus 2 purchase.  I am enjoying mine, and the machine has performed quite well any place I take it, including under water.  I currently have it with me while travelling in Peru.

I added the WSA2 headphones to allow me to use the WS6 puck as the master remote.  I've tested it but haven't actually hunted with it yet, but wow, it's quite light in that configuration.

Enjoy your D2.

What type of relics and coins are you digging up in peru

Have not had an opportunity to get the detector out in the cities we've visited so far.  I'm not after relics in Peru, and if I stumble across a true Peruvian relic, I'll contact a local museum.  An old coin would be nice, but this is a family vacation, and detecting is a secondary priority.

• Like 1

Glad you like the Deus 2, Tim. I’ve pared-down to just the Deus 2 and it is serving me well. I’ve also made good finds at sites that stopped producing, some of them being great finds. My preferred programs are sensitive full and I’m increasingly using fast. I’m looking for ideas for custom relic programs, as of present I have one- using sensitive FT and the XY screen. Good luck as you use it more and at good sites 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, relicmeister said:

Glad you like the Deus 2, Tim. I’ve pared-down to just the Deus 2 and it is serving me well. I’ve also made good finds at sites that stopped producing, some of them being great finds. My preferred programs are sensitive full and I’m increasingly using fast. I’m looking for ideas for custom relic programs, as of present I have one- using sensitive FT and the XY screen. Good luck as you use it more and at good sites 

I use the Relic program, slightly modified, and it very effective in my ghosttown sites.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, relicmeister said:

Sent you a pm