Sierra Mountains Gold Crown

So that’s where I lost it!

Gold is where you find it and it makes no difference where that is. In the ground are in someone’s mouth 👄.haha

The best!

Chuck 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, LukeJMG1986 said:

I wonder how that crown ended up there without the tooth.

I think they are just cemented into place.  If the adhesive fails....  Pretty nice find and unlike a ring you probably won't be able to locate the person who lost it.  😁  Do you have a scale to weigh it?  And if you don't, they can be bought rather inexpensively, ~$10-$20 -- you'll hopefully need one in your future endeavors.  I have several with different precision levels (smallest measurement 0.1 g, 0.01 g, 0.001 g -- the middle one is probably the most useful for native gold searching).

Interesting figurine, too.  Toy soldier?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Interesting figurine, too.  Toy soldier?

I believe so. From the research my wife's grandfather did, he said that back in the late 1800s, to early 1900s there were these molds you could buy, and pour your own lead soldier toy, and then paint it. It has a lot of weight to it for the size, almost like a bullet, which leads me to believe it could be lead, possibly one of the "make it yourself" toys grandpa was talking about.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Do you have a scale to weigh it? 

I actually do have a small digital scale. I haven't weighed it yet, but if I had to guess, I'd say 6-8 grams. Like the toy soldier, it's a weighty little tooth crown when you bounce it in the palm of your hand. Maybe I'll make a cool necklace out of it. I found a 14k chain at a tot-lot not too long ago. It would definitely make for a good talking piece 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nice work...don't let them guys scare you off your not jumping their claim when looking for jewelry and the like...but what would you do if you thought your were digging a quarter signal with the nox and instead pulled up a 1 ounce gold nugget on their claim? would throw it back? give it to Ole Too tall Tim? what would Tim do with it once you gave it to him? just thinking out loud here... go out and have fun... you have been doing really well so far with your new hobby...and joining a club is a great way to meet people and get your foot in the door so to speak. 

strick 

• Like 2

Crazy, I found golden crown too years back, mine came from a backyard though, I'll see if i can dig it out to add to the photo collection here when I get back home. How are so many people losing crowns, getting in knockout brawls or something?

• Like 1