Ok Garrett, Where’s My Axiom Or An Update?

So the last I heard was they’re not even at distributors yet, so not even close to being delivered…. I paid my $4,000 a month ago….. after the 6000 fiasco I for sure want a tested product but it’s been over a month Garrett…….  I bought a new Garrett Z-Lynk pin pointer and the wireless system as well in anticipation, an update would be nice on the detector I paid for over a month ago. You’re on a high with all of us, don’t blow it by going dark to those of us who did/were ready to wave your flag…….  We already get that ghosting and arrogance from your competitor, it’s why some of us are giving you another chance, don’t blow this. So far, with the radio silence, to me at least, you are!

Anyone have an ETA from your dealer, anyone getting interest on the $4,000 plus you paid? (Joking of course but the silence from Garrett after what looked like a ready to go release is starting to urinate me off and has stopped any Garrett promotion from me at this point!!!) If it was over month from release, perhaps you shouldn’t have announced it and allowed your dealers to start taking orders/payments

Here’s an idea Garrett… spend less time pumping out promotional videos and press conferences on it and more time pumping out the actual product we’ve paid for…. Just a tip.

• Like 3

• Jennifer changed the title to Ok Garrett, You’ve (your Dealer Has) Had My $4,000 Over A Month Now, Where’s My Axiom Or An Update?

It’s well worth the wait considering how exciting it looks from the videos and your reports….. I’m just excited to get out there with it, not the machines that I already have (they’re boring), I just needed to whinge.

PS: I’m not asking my dealer for a refund, I’m a Garrett girl now, (I’ve already bought all my grape Kool-Aid).

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Ok, but remember we whine here, not whinge! :smile:

Wine gives me a migraine. 😉 (I can hear everyone thinking “your whining gives us a migraine as well” 😜)

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Whenever a new detector gets released you can pretty much count on it being months not weeks to get it out in the public. Been there done that many times and the norm seems to be about 4-5 months before the normal guy will get their hands on one.

Equinox announced in September, started shipping in January

Deus announced in October started shipping in January

Vanquish announced in May started shipping in December

Apex announced in April started shipping in September

So if Garret follows the same time frame as the Apex release don't expect to see a Axiom until the end of the year or later.

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

30 minutes ago, abenson said:

Whenever a new detector gets released you can pretty much count on it being months not weeks to get it out in the public. Been there done that many times and the norm seems to be about 4-5 months before the normal guy will get their hands on one.

Equinox announced in September, started shipping in January

Deus announced in October started shipping in January

Vanquish announced in May started shipping in December

Apex announced in April started shipping in September

So if Garret follows the same time frame as the Apex release don't expect to see a Axiom until the end of the year or later.

AGGHHHHHHHHHH  NOOOOOOOOOOO SIGH 

I’ll tell security that he can stop watching for the UPS truck.

Being an early adopter’s not all it’s cracked up to be. 🤦‍♀️

image.thumb.jpeg.999d05681e9b58823b152a87ea2201ee.jpeg

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Then it flips into disgruntled, and then into “guess I really did not need this after all.” 

That’s ok, I’m “all hat, no cattle”.  I’m suckling at the teat of the Steve Hersch Axiom reports / posts which is keeping the hook set in my lower lip….. I’m not going anywhere … I just wanted to see a post that ‘wasn’t’ Manticore related (you all must have a record over there, what’re you up to now, 400 posts? Lord have mercy) so thought I’d toss out the “Garrett Axiom Grenade” to stir up discussions again. 😉

• Like 2

• Jennifer changed the title to Ok Garrett, You’ve Had (your Dealer Has Had) My $4,000 Over A Month Now, Where’s My Axiom Or An Update?

Good things come to those who wait. 

You don't want a messy release like the Legend with update after update to resolve issues and people having trouble even installing updates so finally a new update tool comes out to help with that and even worse Mac users haven't been able to update at all without getting a friend do it on their Windows machine, a majority of which could have been resolved before even releasing it, how obvious was it there would be Apple users? Even arguably the 6000 release with the faulty detectors, it's best to be patient and wait and get a good final product and then Garrett won't suffer from the reputational issues such a messy release causes. 

I'm surprised a dealer took money for a detector they have no idea when they'll have in stock, that reflects badly on the dealer, not Garrett, they had nothing to do with it.  My local dealer operates so differently, I say I want something and he puts me on a waiting list, then at some point a courier is at my door with the product and an invoice in the package to pay for it once I've already got it.  He's surprised me a few times with stuff arriving when I don't even know it's on it's way 🙂 a pleasant surprise of course.

• Like 7

• Jennifer changed the title to Ok Garrett, Where’s My Axiom Or An Update?