Ok Garrett, Where’s My Axiom Or An Update?

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

Unfortunately I've had to give up on the Axiom, it is far too expensive, I guess the sky rocketing US dollar doesn't help but now it's gone up in price again to over $1000 more than the GPZ from the same dealer.  Ridiculous to say the least.

4699€  ( 7150 AUD ) in France 

Garrett AXIOM: Détecteur à pépites d'or aux performances incroyables (lutece-detection.com)

Capture.PNG

• Like 2

On 10/2/2022 at 10:39 PM, phrunt said:

Unfortunately I've had to give up on the Axiom, it is far too expensive, I guess the sky rocketing US dollar doesn't help but now it's gone up in price again to over $1000 more than the GPZ from the same dealer.  Ridiculous to say the least.

1332333478_axiominnz.thumb.jpg.cc162257c2752d42d61947a10e7ff68a.jpg

I do like the sound of it and think it'd be a good detector but there is no way in the world I'm willing to pay that price for it, not even close.

I do wonder how the ever increasing USD is going to play out on Garrett's attempts at selling this detector outside of the USA, I suspect it's going to be a big problem for them and possibly the main reason it's not going to do well outside of the USA.

I wish Garrett would remove restrictions on U.S. dealers selling outside the U.S. Or better yet, just sell factory direct to places like NZ. That would put a stop to that fast. Unfortunately, there are probably existing contracts in place that preclude that. I don't know. But I do hate to see the machine dead born on arrival in places like New Zealand, due to this sort of thing. The price in the U.S. continues to be $3995, with a 15% military discount option - $3395.75

Sad story but true - the U.S. dollar is super strong right now, and NZ is one of the places getting slammed by that. It sucks for Garrett that the new Axiom will face serious headwinds because of that, and not a lot to be done about it really. US$1.00 = NZ$1.74 at the moment. Still, even with that, this guy is way high. Even at MSRP of $4700 instead of MAP of $3995, US$4700 x 1.74 = NZ$8178 and this guy is NZ$2000 over that.

As far as the subject of the thread goes, I’d like to report that the wait is worth it, as continued field use, and the feedback it generates, is resulting in improvements to the Axiom platform. It’s not like people are sitting around doing nothing with the time. Rushing Garrett in any way will not help anyone get a better product. Patience with a capital P is the name of the game at this point. :smile:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I certainly agree, whats waiting a few more months in the scheme of things, the more polished the product the better.   It's nice to hear that it's still being improved upon with further use in testing.  I guess there really isn't even a delay as Garrett never set a firm date from what I've seen, they have always maintained by end of 22,   We aren't there yet :)

Dealer restrictions are anti competitive and appear to do more harm to a brand than good.  One guy I know in NZ sold his one month old 6000 at a decent loss expecting to buy an Axiom, that may turn into a costly decision for him. 

It's good to see the price in France is still very good, thanks for posting that, it's reassuring that the price hikes are not everywhere so it could be a dealer issue rather than a Garrett issue.  Hopefully it remains that way once they start to get some stock in to sell.   The USD better stop going up at some point soon as it might make it worse!  Good for imports, terrible for exports.

For those lucky enough to be buying an Axiom I am super jealous and really look forward to hearing how you go with it.   I think it's the right move by Garrett even if they do delay release beyond end of 22 if the reason for the delay is they are actively improving it, until they're comfortable it's ready to go it should be delayed, the other companies lately they have rushed products to market are paying the price now with detectors plagued with issues.

• Like 2