Picked Up A Used And New Bullseye Trx

chiil

I bought a TRX that showed up on ebay with a buy it now of $100 that was listed for about 10 mins, seemed lightly used.  Then saw that Centreville Electronics NW had a brand new one for $150, so I scooped that one up as well on an impulse buy. 

Previously, I had been using my Sun Ray DX-1 probe religiously with both my DFX and my new (used) V3i.  I didn't like how the the V3i operated with the DX-1.  Every time I found a target, I'd lay the detector down, then pull off the DX-1 probe and have it close to the ground, then do the funky pin-pointer lock step on the V3i (toggle and enter button combo).  Too many steps on the V3i for my liking.  It was so much simpler on the DFX.  Also, using the DX-1 probe on the V3i felt heavier and unbalanced whereas on my DFX it felt tolerable to swing around. 

Decided to use the TRX with the V3i and boy what a joy it was to use.  I took it to Carter Lake Reservoir on Sunday with the family.  Found some clad and pennies, no silver.  And a ton of lead fishing weights, probably a couple pounds of that stuff.

Just thought I'd share my experience.

Gabe

• Like 4

You seemed to get very good deals on those TRX's. 

Good to have a spare seeing they're not made anymore so having two is a good thing.

• Like 2

On eBay or thrift shops, buy it when you see it, good stuff will be gone soon.

• Like 1