Now That’s A Coil…

But how is it for pinpointing? 🤦‍♀️

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Oh my! 1

Reg and I tested the Detech equivalent of this Nexus coil (Detech 32" Concentric) back in 2019:

The Detech appears to have now been discontinued but (at the time) was almost half the price of the slightly smaller Nexus in $AU

PS: It seems we have chosen the same thread name! 😊

https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/19472-now-thats-a-coil/

• Like 1

Swinging that will put hair on your chest. 

I'm intrigued by Nexus, it's a shame they're mostly just a European brand and not really available elsewhere.  I'm sure it's great for finding deep old relics in Europe.

• Like 2

Interesting video,i have 2 Nexus machines the MP with the 8''x6'',10'' and 13'' and also the older Standard SE with the dual 9'' coil,the older machine i still use but the MP the only coil i use is the 8x6 one,that is pretty good depth wise and still deeper than most everyday detectors and very good on coin and also larger size finds......i dont tend to use this machine alot,one can read into that comment how ever you like......i am not knocking the machine or company just making a statement.

The Standard SE with the dual 9'' coil which is the older original top of the range Nexus that is a total beast depth wise and i mean a beast,out of the 2 that i own i much prefer the older model by a country mile and use it 10 times more so than the newer model.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/8/2022 at 11:37 AM, RickUK said:

Interesting video,i have 2 Nexus machines the MP with the 8''x6'',10'' and 13'' and also the older Standard SE with the dual 9'' coil,the older machine i still use but the MP the only coil i use is the 8x6 one,that is pretty good depth wise and still deeper than most everyday detectors and very good on coin and also larger size finds......i dont tend to use this machine alot,one can read into that comment how ever you like......i am not knocking the machine or company just making a statement.

The Standard SE with the dual 9'' coil which is the older original top of the range Nexus that is a total beast depth wise and i mean a beast,out of the 2 that i own i much prefer the older model by a country mile and use it 10 times more so than the newer model.

How would you compare your Nexus vs other "classical" detectors like the XP Deus or ML Equinox ?  Does it have good disc and reactivity in the irons ?  thx ...

On 10/2/2022 at 8:46 AM, palzynski said:

How would you compare your Nexus vs other "classical" detectors like the XP Deus or ML Equinox ?  Does it have good disc and reactivity in the irons ?  thx ...

Thats a good question and also a difficult one to answer in a just a few lines,do i use the Nexus MP alot ?? no is my answer i prefer and this is just my personal opinion i prefer to use my older Standard SE with the dual 9'' coil even then is mainly used for deep pasture work or when hoard hunting as that is basically what these machines are made more......are they especially the latest MP a everyday use machine my reply would be defiantly not,no question about especially with the massive and i mean massive big coils either single or double coils they are deep as deep as top flight Pulse machines and in some cases deeper and with the added bonus of having discrimination......how big a market are these machines well in my mind they have limitation,and not everyone want to go hunting for military helmets or other ww2 finds or dig bloody great big holes on a steel helmet.

Are they good at what they had been designed for the answer is a massive Yes,very much like the niche market that Minelab Pulse machines are to gold hunters....i still own both of mine and wont ever sell them because the price on what they sell for on the 2nd hand market is nothing like the brand new price,so i dont want to take a massive hit but still use them for the niche that i see them being purchased for,so in my mind they are not what i call a everyday use detector but a niche use machine......of course this is just my perspective on them and i am not bashing them but i use a form of barometer of how good a machine is by just looking around on how many are being used,i personally have never seen another person here in the UK use on,that in my mind says it all.

• Thanks 4