Taking Minelab Manticore And Garrett Axiom Orders

On 9/10/2022 at 1:58 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

Nope, just was a dealer for 35 years, know enough not to take manufacture projected dates to heart. So if I say “by spring” that means they will show up by spring. If they show up by November, well, that’s still “by spring”. If the Axiom ships tomorrow, then it will have shipped by the end of the year. But the way I state it leaves plenty of slop for the almost all but inevitable delays.

The point I am making is all manufacture projections tend to be optimistic. Delays happen for a million reasons, many beyond their control. A part from a supplier shows up last minute, it’s made wrong. Boom, month delay. People should not believe this stuff until it actually ships, and fastening onto any dates as some kind of promise to be adhered to, just results in disappointment. And dealers fielding call from irate customers for days on end over the whole thing.

Probably best I just kept my mouth shut. I just hate seeing people get all worked up over this stuff, when it happens over and over and…….

My intel says Garrett has requested back all the tester Axioms units for some tweaks to the units software. So you know it's all a bit away yet. 

But thats alright.... Cuz you know how long I've waited to balance out some of those pesky hot rocks     👀

• Confused 1

Steve, did you ship yours back to Garland..............

• Haha 1

On 9/8/2022 at 7:43 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

Just to help you avoid people driving you nuts wondering where their detectors are…. Garrett Axiom by end of year, Manticore by spring 2023. Either might be sooner, if so, be happy. If not, don’t say I did not tell you. :smile:

I know this is being totally naive but just think if one of these manufacturers was actually ready to ship when they unveiled a new model.  I think emergency rooms around the world would be full of detectorists who suffered heart attacks when the news hit that they could actually buy a machine when news of it was released.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

9 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Steve, did you ship yours back to Garland..............

Well no, why would I? Too busy finding gold with it for that to happen. :smile:

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

On 9/15/2022 at 5:10 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

Well no, why would I? Too busy finding gold with it for that to happen. :smile:

Guess I was lied to then. TBH Im glad Im wrong and was just trying to be helpful. Still learning this whole forum world thing.

• Like 2

I would not say lied to…. that’s harsh. Hardware can and does go back for various reasons, and I assume most Axiom detectors currently in the field would be considered some sort of prototype. Which means they will eventually go back or be destroyed. You are not inaccurate in any case when it comes to getting people off this idea shipping is imminent. I’m still of the mind that Axiom by end of year, Manticore by spring. People sending emails to Minelab or Garrett looking for more will get evasive answers until the day the actually ship. Seriously folks, this is just par for the course for detector releases for most of the last decade. Best bet is just go detecting, enjoy life, and not wait for kettles to boil. :smile:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 9/23/2022 at 7:06 PM, 中国 张 said:

持续关注中,,谢谢!!

焦急地
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...

I will most likely be ordering one of the Axioms but I am going to wait until all the hoopla settles down to place my order, that way I do not drive myself anymore nuts then II am already

• Like 1
  • Haha 1