Seeking Civil War Relic Hunting Sites In North Metro Atlanta

anyone not hunting Atlanta now, or did hunt in the past that is willing to share with my come Civil War relic hunting site in north Metro Atlanta?

In spite of extensive research, hard to find good CW relic sites any more.

please respond with private message.

I would think that every known CW site down that way has been hunted to death. I would be looking for places that may have been overlooked or ignored. CW activity and dropped artifacts could have taken place anywhere. It's the same here in NE looking for colonial sites. These days it's usually a waste of time going to cellar holes and most farm fields because they have all been hunted for decades by generations of detectorists. In recent years we have been doing well detecting any woods we can find. Places that in the past no one would even consider detecting.

• Like 1

That is about what I am doing now. Still having fun. I have started digging way more iron and am finding some interesting relics which is better than nothing. Last week found a unique hand forged 8" square nail. Did not even think that they existed that long. But I guess a good black smith could make pretty much nails to order for their customers.

handforgedsquarenail.JPG

• Like 2

Besides all the spots in the area you wish to hunt have been hit hard over the years, a great many of the spots are in un-safe areas. A fellow I know hunts a lot of forrest land looking for old farms sites and dwellings. He uses an ATV for scouting and stops to hunt when finding a promising spot. Good luck, HH jim tn