So The Beach Hunts Start Again

5 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Last one I dug was about a foot down. Guess the kid took the excavator toy with him. 🤔 What is it with deep buried monster trucks? Dug 2 so far in the past month.

You have HAIR? Sorry couldn't resist. 🤣 Don't think any detectorist I've met lately had any... 😁

Yep this one just a couple inches deeper. Wasn't expecting that to be in the hole.

Hair is not one of my wants 😄 It's been long since the early 80's. Every time it goes out of style, I just wait it out. In 2010, at my 30th high school reunion, everyone was bald or gray. I'm like who the hell are all these people??? 🤔

• Haha 4

Beach hunt #3 was the third trip to this beach, and it’s definitely time to move to another beach a bit closer to home. Finally, some cool weather to keep the crowds down. Lots of guys surfing with big waves, so not the conditions I want for digging in the water. I did get to talk to one of the guys that was hunting that small patch very hard last week. He said the group of hunters hit that area for 4 days straight. Lots of gold rings, silver chains and an unusual number of half dollars coughed up from the ocean during the storm. Half dollars at 2” deep. Normally I would not believe these stories, but I hit a patch in that same area about a year ago and found similar, although not as lucrative, results. Well done guys!!!!  👍 As for me, I worked 9 hours for mostly clad and hit all the remaining areas that I wanted to do before I change beaches. Tons of trash for just a silver ring and a silver Washington quarter. I just could not find the silver layer. Funny how on other days silver was easy, but the last 3 times out, I struggled to get to where I wanted to be. But still better than sitting home on the couch. Those gold colored nip bottle caps should be illegal. 🤬 Had me thinking gold was found at least 3 times before I caught on. I am however getting tired of seeing every single hunter using an Equinox. Hope the Manticore does not sell as well. 😄 Now time to just wait for next week’s hunt.

20220925_181937.jpg

20220925_181607.jpg

20220925_180841.jpg

20220925_182550.jpg

• Like 8

Beach hunt #4 is at a new beach. This one is pretty trashy up top, so the Equinox played most of the hunt. Total hunt was 9 ½ hours with the Nox doing 7 hours and the GPX 2 ½ hours. Great weather day and crowds were nonexistent for the most part. This is definitely the party beach as there were tons of bottle caps, some exposed, and a lot of foil, which I did not dig. Most of the time was spent waiting for the tide to go down so I could get away from the trash and concentrate on missed coins. Not a lot of goodies but one large silver ring. Next week at another new stop. I’m trying to expand out a bit. Great to be out hunting and enjoying the weather while it lasts.

20220930_115356.jpg

20220930_120827.jpg

20220929_140511 - Copy.jpg

20220930_121142.jpg

20220930_121656.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh my! 1

I can't help but wonder if you were at a beach I'm detecting just before I got there.........🤔

And I just wish I could last 9+ hours detecting too !

The world is a much cleaner place wherever you detect without a doubt.

Good hunt , once again  WTG.👍

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

I can't help but wonder if you were at a beach I'm detecting just before I got there.........🤔

And I just wish I could last 9+ hours detecting too !

The world is a much cleaner place wherever you detect without a doubt.

Good hunt , once again  WTG.👍

Thanks. Don't worry, if you are finding pull tabs and bottle caps, I have not been there. It seems lately I am a junk magnet with a couple of nice tidbits thrown in. If you want me to sweep all the junk out for you, call me up 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

Make `it so #1   ! 😄

Thanks Jean luc  😄

• Haha 1

Beach hunt #5 was supposed to be at a new beach, but upon arrival the entrance was torn up for construction. Without anywhere to park, I decided to hit a beach close by. The beach I went to, was the one others have found a lot of gold and silver due to some massive push back from passing storms. I never got to share in that jackpot since I was late hearing about it. But today, I was first one on the beach, so I immediately went to the exposed rocks. I told myself that I was looking for low conductors, so ignore the high conductors. Using the GPX for this part of the hunt, I was trying not to waste time figuring out deep iron, knowing that others would arrive soon. First target, a real nice high conductor. 😄 So, I dug it, broke my own rule right off the bat, and was rewarded with a 1951 silver (class?) ring. I managed about 45 minutes of hunting before another detectorist arrived. I did hit about ¼ of all the exposed areas and left for the next area right after I dug a large ring. I thought it was gold and I thought it was a class ring, but it ended up being a  Navy ring which says 14 k 1/30 RGP (rolled gold plate). Well, some gold at least. After a bit I saw 2 others arriving, so I picked up the pace. Targets were far and few between, but I did manage a bunch of junk jewelry, and then it happened….. I got a strong low conductor sound. I got the target out and when I pinpointed the pile, out comes a nice 14k herringbone necklace. I thought WOW, 😍  I didn’t think the GPX would hit that chain, at least not that hard. So, I went over the pile again and got a strong hit. Must be the medal that was on the chain? 🤔 Nope, it was a pull tab, probably the signal that I originally heard. That was a nice surprise. By this time, a detectorist was almost finished sweeping the next pile of rocks ahead of me, so it’s fair game to go over that area. Everyone on that beach was using an Equinox. I managed to dig a couple of junk targets but then hit on a small cabochon bracelet. Finally, I figured it was time to switch to the Nox with the big coil. I did various areas and landed in a spot that started producing coins. And then a silver peace ring came up, so I really circled that area. Next, an unexpected find was a .950 bracelet with what I think has Lapis Lazuli stones in it. Looks well made. A pretty piece. 😊 I read that .950 is the highest sterling you can get before it’s not practical to use in jewelry. No other marking on it. Another odd find was a spoon, which is usually silver plate over a brass base. This spoon showed no signs of being plated, so I thought I had silver. But the back reads Fuller A1. Plate, as best I can tell. There is no sign showing through the  base metal on any of the edges or anywhere in any of the dings around the spoon. This is a well-used, thin spoon with a lot of ocean tumbling showing. I’m wondering if the base metal is a combination of copper, zinc, nickel, which would a be silver colored blend called German silver. I used the GPX 3.5 hours – Equinox  for 6 hours. A great, unexpected day at the beach.

20221007_111906.jpg

20221007_113311.jpg

20221007_114013.jpg

20221007_115921.jpg

20221007_120013.jpg

• Like 8
  • Oh my! 1

Wow, everything but the... Um... Oar!

😀 Terrific and well done. 👍 Incredibly cool jewelry! 

• Like 1