So The Beach Hunts Start Again

Beach hunt #7 was not a lucky number. Up at 4 AM - out the door by 4:30 to try and hit part of a moderate low tide. Got stuck at an accident scene for ½ hour, so late to the beach. Upon arrival I discovered I forgot to pack the GPX battery and harness. 🙄 So, it’s the Equinox all day long (not my original plan). The ocean was ANGRY. The rouge tides sneak up on you and drench you good. 😄 Poured the water out of my boots when I left. There is not much you can do on this beach without a good low tide but dig all you can and hope for silver or gold. Not going to happen on that day. Also, washed up at the high tide line was what I believe to be a sunfish. ☹️ I guess they can get really big, but this one was about the size of a manhole cover. So better luck next time and hopefully a new beach to explore. On the flip side, I did get another room in the basement to store my machines. The room I keep my finds and other stuff was getting so cluttered with machines and coils, that I could not work on things. This is the best way that I have found to store machines and coils. Hope everyone has a chance to get out detecting somewhere and enjoy the day.

20221014_112822.jpg

20221019_095712.jpg

20221019_095251.jpg

20221018_112702.jpg

20221018_112737.jpg

• Like 7
  • Oh my! 1

Wow! That is an impressive amount of trash and shows how thorough a hunter you are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Loving your "Art pictures" as always...but your CTX looks lonely sitting over there on the right...you could eliminate 3/4 of that crap if you would use it.... just saying 🙂

strick

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Had a similar occurrence yesterday, I didn't properly charge the Deus. 🤔 Must be a bit of bad juju out there, but we both made it through. 😀

You are by far the most disciplined and thorough detectorist I've seen. 👍 An inspiration to the novice and seasoned!

I have all my detecting stuff crammed into a corner my wife eyes with disdain, but I don't have a basement. 😵

Great hunt, cool dead fish photo! Always good to have the ol' cell phone on hand for more than just a source of EMI. 🤣

• Like 1

On 10/19/2022 at 11:05 PM, strick said:

Loving your "Art pictures" as always...but your CTX looks lonely sitting over there on the right...you could eliminate 3/4 of that crap if you would use it.... just saying 🙂

strick

Thanks. The CTX is a great machine, but......look at the color of the sand behind the dead sunfish. The CTX would be limited to shallow depth. Even with the Equinox, the clad did not respond favorably. I wish I had the GPX that hunt.

On 10/20/2022 at 6:55 AM, F350Platinum said:

Had a similar occurrence yesterday, I didn't properly charge the Deus. 🤔 Must be a bit of bad juju out there, but we both made it through. 😀

You are by far the most disciplined and thorough detectorist I've seen. 👍 An inspiration to the novice and seasoned!

I have all my detecting stuff crammed into a corner my wife eyes with disdain, but I don't have a basement. 😵

Great hunt, cool dead fish photo! Always good to have the ol' cell phone on hand for more than just a source of EMI. 🤣

It really sucks when you are pumped to go hunting and you forget something that renders your machine inoperable. I guess you just make the best of it and remember to not do it again 🙄. This beach has been wonderful to me over the last few years, so I don't mind cleaning up the trash there.  With no cellar, I can see you having a tough time finding a place to put detecting thing. There are no spare upstairs rooms to devote to a hobby, so they get jam packed into a corner. Kind of like my trunk when I hit the beach 😄. I've never been a smart phone kind of guy, so having one for the first time has some advantages, especially for picture taking. I'm not crazy about taking this phone on the beach  though. Before, if I killed the phone no big deal, this one would hurt if I had to replace it. Sand get in the smallest cracks.

On 10/20/2022 at 8:43 AM, rvpopeye said:

sohN 

Arrrrrrrrrrrgh !

I bow before your digging ability.

🖖

😄 No bowing allowed. I'm sure I make a lot of water pulse guys happy that I get all the iron before it goes out to sea. They get the gold and I get the iron..... That's a fair deal isn't it? 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, schoolofhardNox said:

They get the gold and I get the iron.....

Was that the inspiration for Jerry Reed's song?

• Like 1

Nox you are correct the ctx will suffer in the black sand while the 800 does better I was just razzing you a bit...I mostly use the Nox in the black sand beaches here in N Calif for that reason and leave the ctx for park/relic hunts....keep it up your a steward of our hobby for sure. 

Strick

• Like 1