So The Beach Hunts Start Again

We're gonna have to start calling you "The Wolf".3454-fiction-wolf.jpg.b28627023a8b49eb244346c8d76551be.jpg

You're a "cleaner" 🤣 that's a lot of digging, but rewards await, don't they?

Great stuff. Total disciplined approach to metal detecting.

We're not worthy. 😎

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Jim in ma said:

Great hunt it looks like you got to that old layer again, Plus a 14K.🍺 

Thanks Jim. Not expecting those results from this beach.

15 hours ago, mn90403 said:

That is a lot of hunt time.  How much beach did you cover?  Was it all in tide sands?

I wasted time covering parts of the beach, but most of what you see was high up on the beach in a relatively small area. This is an old beach with a huge amount of iron, large and small. Most of the coins were not the primary target.

15 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

Whatever happened to that beach , you sure were there on the right day !                     The usual suspects with silver and gold too !

Merrrrrrrrry Christmas ! 

I wish I could last that long digging holes like you do !  I'd need to time travel back at least 30 years by my estimate 🤔 

Using a different kind of shovel yesterday , if I have to , I guess....

I didn't find anything but the frozen lawn under all that white stuff either ! 

Bah Humbag 😄 Merry Christmas to you too. Yeah that white stuff puts a damper on digging, luckily the rain took ours away. I could use about 20 years off of my body too ☹️

15 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

We're gonna have to start calling you "The Wolf".3454-fiction-wolf.jpg.b28627023a8b49eb244346c8d76551be.jpg

You're a "cleaner" 🤣 that's a lot of digging, but rewards await, don't they?

Great stuff. Total disciplined approach to metal detecting.

We're not worthy. 😎

Thanks, I'm not worthy either, but sometimes the beach makes a mistake 😄 This beach has a lot of cars pulled up right to it, so you have starring eyes on you while they sit and watch the waves. Also noticed that cars (especially a Volvo) while running, make it impossible to detect next to them. Massive EMI. This kind of detecting you have to do while fresh. I did it backwards and wandered around first and then finished with the hard stuff. Next time I'll do the gridding first, then wander around aimlessly 😶

12 hours ago, geof_junk said:

That horse shoe in your bling, has contributed to your success. The photo of the three Rings two Silver and one 14ct Au came up great. 

Yeah, I should bring that horseshoe with me next time 🤔 Photos done with my cell phone and then used  Paint to clean them up.  Funny, I've been finding a lot of those fresh drop silver rings I think are from China. They have extremely dazzling fake stones in them. I wouldn't buy any "Diamonds" from China right about now 😄

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Also noticed that cars (especially a Volvo) while running, make it impossible to detect next to them. Massive EMI.

I had a buddy who became a regional service manager for Volvo, they finally gave him one to stop him from driving his Firebird to work every day. 😀 He went to another car company soon after. 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

School, it seems the colder (and darker) it gets outside, the better you do.  😄  I know the good (and bad, for that matter) targets aren't jumping out of the ground and into your finds pouch.  Your typical hourly (monetary) compensation is small.  But 9 silvers and a gold -- you gotta be pleased with that.

I don't know if you New Englanders are going to get this arctic cold snap that's going to hit the central regions of the USA later this week.  But if you do I'll know where to find you.  😉

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Wow, Christmas came early! That's an awesome haul S.O.N., silver, gold, and Barbers, oh my! Another epic hunt, congrats!

Thanks. The problem with a good hunt is you expect the next one to be the same 😄

8 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

School, it seems the colder (and darker) it gets outside, the better you do.  😄  I know the good (and bad, for that matter) targets aren't jumping out of the ground and into your finds pouch.  Your typical hourly (monetary) compensation is small.  But 9 silvers and a gold -- you gotta be pleased with that.

I don't know if you New Englanders are going to get this arctic cold snap that's going to hit the central regions of the USA later this week.  But if you do I'll know where to find you.  😉

😄 And I hate the dark and the cold too. I'm definitely pleased anytime I get at least some silver.  I don't care how many junk targets I dig as long as it was worth the travel. If I lived near the beach, I would have many more bad days than good ones, since I could concentrate on an area and work it clean, even if it isn't producing. But when you add travel time into the equation, you hunting style has to change and some pressure always builds. But I do try and keep it fun for myself if I can. I figure that hunt carries me over for the next hunt just in case I get skunked 🙄

• Like 4

I especially like the Walking Libery Half, since I don't have one (or any silver half).  I don't see any USA 5 cent 'nickel' pieces.  Were you selective in what you dug or is that just random or ??

Glad to hear you found the separation good.  That will help me in my sites.  Ditto improved EMI handling.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

I especially like the Walking Libery Half, since I don't have one (or any silver half).  I don't see any USA 5 cent 'nickel' pieces.  Were you selective in what you dug or is that just random or ??

Glad to hear you found the separation good.  That will help me in my sites.  Ditto improved EMI handling.

Thanks. No nickels because I stopped digging any low conductors after realizing my air tests were invalid for what ever reason. I will see what a nickel reads and start digging those numbers and I'll probably dig some pull tabs if I can stabilize the numbers and see if there are any repeatable numbers there as well.  If your targets are not deep, I'd run the sensitivity as low as you can while still getting the depth you need and run the recovery speed around 6. Hopefully that will separate enough and not light up the nails too much. The 2D screen will help as well on the iron. I think they have a fast program in all terrain  mode, so maybe they already thought of that scenario.  It will take some time but I think for me it's worth it just to only use the Equinox for small gold and maybe open earrings.

• Like 2