So The Beach Hunts Start Again

1 hour ago, rvpopeye said:

Looks like the finds count didn't suffer from the new machine..

"It's not what the guitar is , but who is playing it"

Thanks, but that field is easy picking on clad and copper cents. 😄  But the Manticore did hit the deeper half and dime. It also showed me possibly that others didn't like the bigger signal (possible can?) or they just don't get good numbers at that depth. So, I'm hoping that there is still some deeper silver hiding there. But the real goal would be to find a way to ID some of that gold....... For the record, I detect way better than I play my guitar 🎸.......🤩

• Like 2

That's a great start with the Manticore. As you get more comfortable with it, I'm sure you'll hit the gold with it too. Congrats on the silver!

• Like 2

Nice hunt and observations. Good to see that you got one. Your knowledge of and proven skill with different machines (PI, VLF, etc) seem quite above average, and consequently your reports are going to be more realistic. 👍 while I don't have a dog in the latest detector fight, I always enjoy reading your posts and seeing what ya got. Detector evals are the icing on the cake. 🙂

Cool that you nailed a Walker half and a dime with all the other junk there! Great stuff.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

Looks like the finds count didn't suffer from the new machine..

"It's not what the guitar is , but who is playing it"

The saying applies , just a different instrument.

You played that tune pretty good !

Now plug the detector into that Marshall so we all can hear it 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

That's a great start with the Manticore. As you get more comfortable with it, I'm sure you'll hit the gold with it too. Caongrats on the silver!

Thanks. I think it will replace my Nox rather quickly. Probably what Minelab wanted all along 😧

54 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Nice hunt and observations. Good to see that you got one. Your knowledge of and proven skill with different machines (PI, VLF, etc) seem quite above average, and consequently your reports are going to be more realistic. 👍 while I don't have a dog in the latest detector fight, I always enjoy reading your posts and seeing what ya got. Detector evals are the icing on the cake. 🙂

Cool that you nailed a Walker half and a dime with all the other junk there! Great stuff.

I not an above average detectorists, I'm just too dumb to know when to quit. 😆 In a little while more reports will surface and we will get to the bottom of the iron dilemma, and any other issues that may come to light. I was happy to get the Walker. I've done these fields probably 4 times now and hit maybe 8 or 9 silvers, 2 being halves. So that gives me hope there is more but also shows me they will be targets that are probably going to be close to a lot of junk. That is why they were still there.

12 minutes ago, rvpopeye said:

The saying applies , just a different instrument.

You played that tune pretty good !

Now plug the detector into that Marshall so we all can hear it 😎

What, you want me to be more deaf than I'm already getting? 😄 I wonder what that would sound like 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

What, you want me to be more deaf than I'm already getting? 😄 I wonder what that would sound like 🤔

I set my tones so they don't double with the frequencies that are ringing in my head !

Actually I wish I could but it's all above 6K for me ....

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

I not an above average detectorists, I'm just too dumb to know when to quit. 😆

That's an above average detectorist! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, rvpopeye said:

I set my tones so they don't double with the frequencies that are ringing in my head !

Actually I wish I could but it's all above 6K for me ....

Why do you think I usually hunt 2 tones, with 5 tones saved for trying to find silver. 😄 Any more tones than that and the other voices in my head get angry 🤬 Seriously, sometimes I just like a simple beep and dig method. Just like the 1970's - it beeps one medium tone and I dig it.

• Like 2