So The Beach Hunts Start Again

Nice assortment this time. Glad your jiving with the M-Core. Your feeling that it hits harder then the Nox and loosing some depth due to EMI I have experienced as well. I hve felt in some places where I can get the machine to run quieter with the noise cancel there is still a depth loss. The M-core hits high conductors better then the Nox... I'm still trying to figure out the mid range stuff...Nice to hear input from another M-Core user as it seems we are scarce group. For a hot minute Cabellas had them in stock yesterday..

strick 

• Like 3

Nice assortment, as usual! And clean silvers to boot! Glad to see your new machine getting some beach cred! Hope your Luck🍀 (and skill) continues, no matter what machine your swinging!!👍👍

• Like 1

7 hours ago, strick said:

Nice assortment this time. Glad your jiving with the M-Core. Your feeling that it hits harder then the Nox and loosing some depth due to EMI I have experienced as well. I hve felt in some places where I can get the machine to run quieter with the noise cancel there is still a depth loss. The M-core hits high conductors better then the Nox... I'm still trying to figure out the mid range stuff...Nice to hear input from another M-Core user as it seems we are scarce group. For a hot minute Cabellas had them in stock yesterday..

strick 

It's funny, I'm liking the ease of the M core and it did well but I still think I'm losing too much depth on these thin layers of black sand. It's kind of a salt and pepper look to the sand around here. When you dig a hole it's like those sand scapes you make in a jar at home by layering all kinds of different colored sand. It's a mix of black sand and regular sand. Overall, I think it and the 700/900 are going to be decent machines on grass, but the jury is still up in the air for beaches. I need to hear a 15" deep gold ring before I'm convinced its great for my areas. If I get back to that area where I did the grass and found the Walker, I will give it a good field hunt. It hit the silver very well in that pounded place.

5 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Wow, great finds and congrats on the Beach Barber and all the other silver and copper!

Thanks. Recent storms have been good to everyone here, especially if you time it right. Even late to the game, there is enough silver to keep me happy. I need to move close to a beach. 😄 Anybody want to start a go fund me page for me 😆

5 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

All the usual suspects in the lineup today.

I 'd book that barber without questioning.

Yep, take it while you can. As long as I can get any silver, I'm happy with that. Finding a Barber and an Indian was not what I expected.

3 hours ago, Joe D. said:

Nice assortment, as usual! And clean silvers to boot! Glad to see your new machine getting some beach cred! Hope your Luck🍀 (and skill) continues, no matter what machine your swinging!!👍👍

Thanks. One was way too clean, and I questioned it when I found it. Too clean for silver but not the dull silver color of clad. 🤔 The Roosevelt and the Barber must have been way up the banks to not be affected by moisture and turn the silver black. I smell a road trip coming up soon 🥰

• Like 3

7 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

When you dig a hole it's like those sand scapes you make in a jar at home by layering all kinds of different colored sand. It's a mix of black sand and regular sand!

I know exactly what your talking about! Have those exact conditions here, after a good storm! And I do notice depth and target loss, in those layers with my 800! But the good news is, when we get that layering, there's most likely coins and jewelry to be had there; especially older ones! So those decorative layers make me happy!!👍👍

And BTW, Happy New Year!!🎉🍀🙏

20221121_180927.jpg

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Joe D. said:

I know exactly what your talking about! Have those exact conditions here, after a good storm! And I do notice depth and target loss, in those layers with my 800! But the good news is, when we get that layering, there's most likely coins and jewelry to be had there; especially older ones! So those decorative layers make me happy!!👍👍

And BTW, Happy New Year!!🎉🍀🙏

20221121_180927.jpg

Exactly!! When the wind exposes the first black layer and that is what your detector sees first, depth is cut a lot. Target ID is also messed up. Happy new year to you too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim in ma said:

WOW SHN You did not waste any time this year with Gold and Silver.

Thanks. The beaches are building my confidence up so they can drop me hard one day 😄

• Haha 2