So The Beach Hunts Start Again

Outstanding again! 👍 That sash buckle is incredible. Looks like your new detector is holding its own! 🙂 Congrats on the precious metals, shows your mettle. 😀

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Outstanding again! 👍 That sash buckle is incredible. Looks like your new detector is holding it's own! 🙂 Congrats on the precious metals, shows your mettle. 😀

Thanks man. I'm really liking this machine for the short time I have used it. I may brave the next hunt at a colonial cellar hole nearby. Those nails are tough to get around, so I'm not expecting an easy day of it.  We'll see if any of the normal tricks work on those cut or wrought nails 😬

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Thanks man. I'm really liking this machine for the short time I have used it. I may brave the next hunt at a colonial cellar hole nearby. Those nails are tough to get around, so I'm not expecting an easy day of it.  We'll see if any of the normal tricks work on those cut or wrought nails 😬

Had my share of fun with them today, the D2 does a pretty good job of getting around them but it's hard not to dig something that gives you a 94 now and again! 😀

You are doing great vis-à-vis the EQX 800 for sure. It's quite a bit better from what I see in your posts. 🙂 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, F350Platinum said:

Had my share of fun with them today, the D2 does a pretty good job of getting around them but it's hard not to dig something that gives you a 94 now and again! 😀

You are definitely doing great vis-à-vis the EQX 800 for sure. It's quite a bit better from what I see in your posts. 🙂 

Yeah nails suck 😄 unless they are rose head nails, then they are ok. So far so good, but I'm really liking the target response a lot better than the Equinox. It's a decent improvement over the 800 for sure. It's more precision like over the older Nox. I wonder how everyone likes the 900 over the 800?

• Like 2

Great Hunt again, SOHN and congrats on the silver and gold! And thank you for your real wolrd report on the Manticore. It looks like it's working well for you right out of the gate. I always enjoy your posts.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Great Hunt again, SOHN and congrats on the silver and gold! And thank you for your real wolrd report on the Manticore. It looks like it's working well for you right out of the gate. I always enjoy your posts.

Thanks. I'm hoping my luck continues. I'm hoping more people can get there machines and see if they feel the same way as I do about it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Beach hunt # 19 was at the same beach that gave me gold and silver last time out. This was going to be a full Manticore hunt. Got up very early to be there just before sunup since it was going to rain/snow in the afternoon. I prepped everything and was psyched to get going, dreaming of more silver and gold. What I forgot to plan for was that I would be an idiot that day. 🙄 Yep, seems that last time out I tried the high sensitivity people were wondering about and also switched from Beach Mode to All Terrain Mode. A seemingly unimportant technicality. So, I hit the beach running and drop the sensitivity down to 25 and start hunting, but notice the machine is really sparky this time around. Then I notice that the method I use for identifying iron isn’t working well today. I was very disappointed that my system was not working. ☹️ I detected for most of the day with very little to show, except  that I had a lot more iron than I wanted. I was a bit bummed and lost a little faith in the Manticore. I decided to try another program  but them I noticed that I was not in beach mode. What a rookie move. 😬 Switched over and all was well except that my time has nearly run out. Oh well, it’s just like the old days when you pack everything for a great relic hunt but…. you forgot to charge them Nicad batteries. I will not make that mistake of rushing to hunt before verifying my detector is set correctly again. So, no gold or silver, but I did find some weird stuff. A Garmin GPS which I will scrap out for its PC board, a cool, old pad lock, and an unusual amount of big lead, including a nice, unmarked ingot. So, the second trial of identifying iron on the Manticore will have to wait a while. I may try a grass area next hunt to see how the iron responds to my system of IDing it. Still nice to get out hunting and always better than working. 🙂

20230113_134809.jpg

20230113_134820.jpg

• Like 8

Beach hunt #20! Left the Manticore in the car! No need for it today, as there was a carpet of silver coins across the beach, with gold jewelry in between, laying on the surface....

😴😖 I'm awake; I'm awake dear!!

A little treasure dreaming never hurts!! Better luck on #20!💍💰🍀👍👍

• Haha 4

Well you want to talk Idiot...heres one for you....several years back I was all gun ho to detect after driving 2.5 hours to the beach so I hit the ground running...signals were everywhere...darn ground noise from the recent erosion/black sand I figured so I turned the sensitivity down and re ground balanced.....the machine was still falsing a lot. It was then that I noticed it was every other time I took a step and finally realized that the new rubber boots I had recently bought had steel toes 😄

strick 

• Haha 4
  • Oh my! 1

3 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

A Garmin GPS which I will scrap out for its PC board,...

Would you please explain.  I'm trying to figure out how that would be worth the effort.  Is the toy truck too far gone to figure its manufacturer & origin?  I'm always curious if people find the original Matchbox vehicles (marked "made in England by Lesney").  I don't remember ever finding one.

Good on you to admit your faux pas.  I've done that before (multiple times) although not to the extreme result you suffered.  But that's because my sites aren't so sensitive to the Eqx 800 settings (i.e. no saltwater beaches, etc.)

• Like 2