So The Beach Hunts Start Again

1 hour ago, schoolofhardNox said:

We should do a road trip and teach him a lesson.

I would consider that an honor after the bruises healed... 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

I would consider that an honor after the bruises healed... 😀

Geeze, bruises from us giving you guitar lessons? What kind of lessons were you thinking? 😄

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Geeze, bruises from us giving you guitar lessons? What kind of lessons were you thinking? 😄

"Nice detector ya got there, F350. Shame if something happened ta it"

😎

• Haha 2
  • Oh my! 1

Wow, that's a heap of coins and copper and silver is always good to find. That grassy field might be hinding some deeper silver the others missed. Well done!

• Like 1

Wow! You're starting to look like a VLF Hunter man, trash to finds is pretty even. 👍 😀 That's a lot of coins for this time of year, I went to a local beach and got .87. 🤣 not worth it. 

That ring looks really nice, seems to have some fancy hallmarks, so you probably knocked out of of the park there. Add two silvers and a ton of modern change, that's a lot of digging. 👍 

I wonder what took a bite out of the heart, or is that by design?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nice work there Nox...I could tell by the photos right away that you were using the M-Core before I even read about your hunt. I've been using the M-Core exclusively except for a brief stint this morning at a nail infested hotel site. The M-Core is geared more toward coins then any other detector I've ever used. It bangs hard on all of them including nickels which I'm a bit surprised you did not bother with as they usually hit well in the 26-28 range where I hunt...I've been digging an averge of 12-15 per hunt in my clad infested parks...hoping for  gold ring....that said gold rings I'm not so sure yet if it hits as well as the Nox but on coins it's a no brainer the M-Core is leaps and bounds above the Nox....there I said it 😜

strick 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Wow, that's a heap of coins and copper and silver is always good to find. That grassy field might be hinding some deeper silver the others missed. Well done!

Thanks. The fields are a weird consistency. There seems to be a layer of top soil around 9 inches and then a old, hard pan like layer below that. Almost everything is 9 inches and above. After that it's very hard to dig, and I'm not sure if there is an older layer than what everyone is reaching. I have yet to get a target in that hard layer.

1 hour ago, F350Platinum said:

Wow! You're starting to look like a VLF Hunter man, trash to finds is pretty even. 👍 😀 That's a lot of coins for this time of year, I went to a local beach and got .87. 🤣 not worth it. 

That ring looks really nice, seems to have some fancy hallmarks, so you probably knocked out of of the park there. Add two silvers and a ton of modern change, that's a lot of digging. 👍 

I wonder what took a bite out of the heart, or is that by design?

Thanks. I really want to get the PI out, but I have to play with the new machine to see what it brings for my type of detecting. So far I really like it, much more than the 800. It does bring back E Trac/ CTX memories but with a modern twist.  The ring is odd. I believe it's a cobalt mix and the designer has a lot of variations, but this particular model says 8K and also .925. Most of his rings are Cobalt/mix. I can't find one that is .925. I should check his site and not retail sites. It is a big ring though. That heart has that slice in it for the other person to have the key to their heart. I'm not fond of it because it was deep and rang in the silver range. I thought I had a quarter of half, but no.... I got aluminum 🙄

55 minutes ago, strick said:

Nice work there Nox...I could tell by the photos right away that you were using the M-Core before I even read about your hunt. I've been using the M-Core exclusively except for a brief stint this morning at a nail infested hotel site. The M-Core is geared more toward coins then any other detector I've ever used. It bangs hard on all of them including nickels which I'm a bit surprised you did not bother with as they usually hit well in the 26-28 range where I hunt...I've been digging an averge of 12-15 per hunt in my clad infested parks...hoping for  gold ring....that said gold rings I'm not so sure yet if it hits as well as the Nox but on coins it's a no brainer the M-Core is leaps and bounds above the Nox....there I said it 😜

strick 

I agree - it bangs on coins. Nice, solid, pure hits. No nickel digging for me. Thousands of low conductor hits, so I passed on them. I just wanted to see how much silver is left there. Not much but still not zero. I can't see a reason for the Nox except for chains and maybe tiny studs... not something I would hunt for exclusively. If I lived closer and not 2 hours away, I would dig the low conductors and keep a list of pull tab numbers and only dig the other numbers. But it makes no sense for me to mess with those low odds vs the time I have to detect. That is why I never waste a lot of time talking to people when they stop and ask me questions.

19 minutes ago, rvpopeye said:

Impressive finds pile as always  .  👍

(Too bad the purple corvette has a bent rear ax...)

Thank You. I may fix that axle and sell the car on E Bay for around 15k 😬

• Like 6
  • Haha 1