Minelab Eureka Gold Or Minelab Xterra 705 - With Notes On Prior Minelab VLF Detectors

19 minutes ago, nvchris said:

I'm lucky enough to have a few of the original ML 6" rounds.

Chris,

I'm just curious why someone would want a few of any one coil?

On 6/4/2016 at 8:51 PM, nvchris said:

Steve is correct, they're suited to the 60 kHz and will outshine all other VLF's as the ground gets hotter.

What about the 6" coil it's self.  Have you ever used the 6" coil your self and or compared it with the stock coil?  

1 hour ago, nvchris said:

Yep

You are a man of few words Chris. I guess it don't matter much anyway as I ordered one so I'll do a comparison between it and the stock coil.  I have some small nuggets I can test them with.

Terry

The minelab 6" coils were dynamite. I tried one on a GT16000 once and was blown away how much of a difference it made. 

I then briefly tried a 6" round on my 18000 (it was a customers coil that had come in to be reterminated, and I had the job of checking to see if was working properly), and was equally impressed, and always wanted one myself, but they were discontinued. Jim Straight also spoke highly of the 6" coils, so I was keen to see it reintroduced but no amount of pleading by myself to management worked, so after a while I started bugging Trevor at Coiltek that there was a market opportunity for a 6" round tuned to 60 kHz. He eventually became interested in the idea, and the 6" Goldseeker was born. The other coil I wanted to be reintroduced was the 9x6" concentric, as that had a more modern and sleeker appearance than the still current 10x5", but no joy there either. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PhaseTech said:

I was keen to see it reintroduced but no amount of pleading by myself to management worked, so after a while I started bugging Trevor at Coiltek that there was a market opportunity for a 6" round tuned to 60 kHz. He eventually became interested in the idea, and the 6" Goldseeker was born.

I guess I should be thanking you then phase Tech.  I'll be trying it out here soon.

Terry

• 3 years later...